problems starting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShotCobra

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
first off the things i know

glow plug and igniter both work
radio and receiver both work both are fully charged
fuel tank is full
carb slide is set to about the thickness of a credit card

things i dont know
whether or not its lost its "pinch" god i hope not
women

i use my cordless to start it but all it does is turn over no change in sound when i pull the accelerator (usually makes a deeper throatier sound)
the car is a OFNA Ravager

I'm at a loss, tho I'm sure someone will know

Did you prime the engine? If you did, check if it's flooded.

yup, took the plug out and watched it go up and down :D

its hooked up

well I'm gonna go take a nap (naps fix almost anything :hehe:)
hopefully someone out there can help me solve my problem

thanks to all who have helped me out already:first_place:

E you sure your getting it primed good? Maybe there is some kind of air leak

are all the joints pretty much. there are videos on youtube.

but ur sure it's primed?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure i did, i will put the thing back together again tomorrow
but I'm gonna post some pics first, i will post them tomorrow (late here)

:( I'm sure frustrated, I know the problem is my fault i just can't find it lol

well the cameras busted

I'm getting fed up with this thing not running

I'm sure this has nothing to do with it but i forgot how the oneway bearing goes on, mine is kind of tapered at one end (force .28), which direction should the bearing not turn freely? n00b question i know but i just want to cover all bases.
its killing me seeing 500 bucks sitting on the floor, it looks so helpless lol

I'm just really frustrated right now, I'm gonna go have a drink, jack n coke ne one :first_place::hehe:

well the cameras busted

I'm getting fed up with this thing not running

I'm sure this has nothing to do with it but i forgot how the oneway bearing goes on, mine is kind of tapered at one end (force .28), which direction should the bearing not turn freely? n00b question i know but i just want to cover all bases.
its killing me seeing 500 bucks sitting on the floor, it looks so helpless lol

I'm just really frustrated right now, I'm gonna go have a drink, jack n coke ne one :first_place::hehe:

After a few nice cups of the jack n coke it will be very clear. I never work on my rig with some scotch near by. Great for cleaning out me and cleaning the rig. :D

if I can remember right it spins freely to the right. On mine the tappered end faces you if your looking at the back of the motor.

Crown and coke all day

things i dont know
whether or not its lost its "pinch" god i hope not
women

There are some things we will NEVER know, even after 10,000 years of trying.......
Oh, sorry, that's women.

If your OWB is backwards, it will spin freely instead of running the piston up and down. Remove the air cleaner and look into the carb when you hit the throttle to make sure the carb is opening and closing properly. Drop some fuel into the carb and see if it fires up.

if fuel don't work try Wd-40.

it's a real bummer having so much problems with an rc. i feel for you man. there is nothing else i can think of (me being fairly inexperienced and all) but make sure to take off the wheels or put it on a stand so the wheels aren't on the ground. wheels can deform if they sit in the same place for too long

i read u can use silicon grease on the part of the carb that fits into the engine, what about lithium grease?

i forgot where i read it but they said grease, sealant is the poop u use to seal window frames and what not correct? if so that poop will set up, what happens if it falls down into the engine, will the nitro and heat eat it up or will it damage anything?

take the glow plug out. Turn the car upside down and crank over the motor until no more fuel comes out.

Put a new glow plug in and tighten. Put your finger over the exhaust and crank over the motor, as you do this watch the fuel go through the tubes into the carb. Let it go in for 1-2 seconds.

Put a freshly charged ingniter on and crank away.