problem revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon13

RCTalk Basher
Firefighter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys hopefully some of you can help me, so the first thing is when my revo is idling it will idle for about a minute and then all of a sudden my spur gear will strip and the engine will rev. so i have no clue what to do with that, my truck does idle kind of high maybe that could be the problem.
the next thing is when i drive it will shift into second and when i slow down it stays in second unless i go almost full throttle and then it will shift into first and when it shifts into first it goes back into second right away. i have no clue why it is doing this. Please help me thanks

All in you're tune. The tranny won't shift right unless the engine runs right. Look into your carb and set the gap to about 1mm. A small paper clip works well for this. Make sure your trim on the remote isn't holding the carb open as well.

alright thanks no school tomorrow probably working on it all day

spur gear will strip from bad mesh

rest is all in tune

Bad mesh or too high of idle heating the bell up to plastic melting temps.

If you cannot idle down, then it's either your tune, you have a busted clutch spring or the bearings on the cb are fried causing drag.

Back