Post Up Your Most Recent "DUH" Moment!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh the DUH!!!! Moments... mine happened last week it all started while rippin my lawn apart with the ole T-Maxx i some how broke a front shock. I took the shock out and a few days of rain later i had the itch to smell nitro. So i fired up the t maxx with mind you only 3 shocks on my front end. In all this i forgot my transmitter battaries where low... i had her rippin up the lawn at 3/4 throttle when i lost all abillity to stear the beast. Long story short my front right tire met a pole proceeding to rip my front right A arms and bulkhead apart........ My lesson was dont let the nitro itch fool you to think you think you can stear with your mind it doesn't work (believe me i tried)........

Last edited:
A failsafe wouldn't have saved you. They need some power. You need a return spring too.

Yeah i didn't have one of those at the time either lol

I had another a while back when i first got into nitro we had had a pretty nasty rainstorm and a day after i headed the bmx track to test out my new os engine (i forget what it was but it was newest and hottest at the time would scream) that i had just broke in in my rc10 gt. The track itself was bone dry but there were some puddles beside the lanes. Figure no big deal theres plenty of room in the lanes and the puddles shouldn't be deep enough to worry about. Wroung!!!! I nailed it coming to a big double and my rear end got loose and sent me over the jump crooked directly into 1 foot deep ditch full of water. Needless to say rc10 gt's make horrible submarines.

like you said to start off, i have made the same mistake with the body windows but my recent moment was at my last race meeting, i got ready for my final and couldent find why my car wasent starting, so i cheked everything over and couldent find a problem then i saw my fuel bottle and remembered i hadent fueled up from my last heat.:D:D

My latest DUH!! moment was last night, My buddy called me and for the first time in 2 months we both had the trucks running together and both had the time,and thats where it all begins. any ways i was messing around and put a new spring on the header and a few other tweaks before getting started and went to run it ,started fine but was really lean, i tried tweaking the needles for about a half hour, man no matter what it would run like crap and real lean. so my buddy comes over looks down and says " hey i bet if you put the line from your pipe to your tank back on the pipe it would probably run better". well needless to say i felt about 2 inches tall considering i am the one who got him into nitros and am the one who usually diagnoses both trucks. So i guess i am glad he is starting to get the hang of things.lol

My duh moment... After having it for two years in the garage i take out my nitro rc for a spin. After making a few round we put up a wooden board to have a jump.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HqbPxA2Wg"]500 Internal Server Error[/ame]

The tree is actually on the left off the jump, i swerved a lil to the left just as i hit the board so yeah. :)
Guess i best pratice driving straight a lil longer first...

Yeah had some luck on that one, i was less lucky the last 3 days tho, broken shafts, slow up gears that are not capable to handle the engine,...

Luckely I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow so i can relax :D and when I'm back I'm gonna buy either the Kyosho DBX or Traxxas rustler, I havent made up my mind on that :D

Now that's taking your Duh! moment with pride and actually posting a vid of it! Kudos to you for the FAIL moment! LOL

Mark

Thx :D

We all fail sooner or later, the important part is how u handle it ;)

Well, my duh moment just happened. I was chassing my dogs with my buggy. They love it, saves me the work lol. Well, my rear tires have no nobs left basically slicks. I was on some loose rocks while turning, hit a good patch of grip, snapped straight, hit the side of my drive went airborn, when it slammed on the ground it went under my mustang. Hit my a frame with the heat sink. Bent the engine back, along with the metal plate....I heard a high pitch sound, it was the plastic housing over the gears being ground off. Gears, servos, and engine is ok.

Looks like I'm ordering a new chassie along with tires...I might just pull it all apart and put it on a flat surface and pound it back flat.

Sent from my Droid

Woah! That's a good one! :yes:

What kind of Mustang you have (O/T police don't shoot me please!) :D

I have a 95 drop top. Only has th V6, put the gt wheels on it, all leather. Also have a 96 Dakota SLT lifted with the 318 v8 magnum.

Ill be doing a tar down to flatten the Chassis I'm hoping all goes well and I can run it later..

So I did the tare down, got the chassis flat, put it back together. Serov grinds, replaced that. Now with each pull tires are engaged. Pull the motor loosen the gear screw. Now, I'm ready to test n tune. Dog ate my air filter while I wasn't looking lol. Used the one off my hpi. Car runs again but kinda hot about 230, letting it cool down before another test run for temp.

New parts ordered. Servo for a spare, horns, front lower arm pins, tires, chassis, misc screws n pins, and new dog bones..all this for hitting a mustang lol
Sent from my Droid

I got one didn't check my trims on my smaxx right after I got it and was running it for prolly 4th time ever and my neighbor just had their rediculously steep driveway paved and sealed I punch it down the driveway truck tops out in no time. Oh shoot car! I slam on the brakes but trim was so far forward tires just kept spinning car was parked (luckily so I didn't have a pancake) but it hit my girls cavalier from the front dead center and went underneath and wedged underneath the oil pan so now it has a black grease racing stripe (custom! At least 10 more hp lol ) and I had to replace the shock towers and actually jack the car up to get my truck out