Post Pictures of your Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0106-1.jpg

Looks like you got some military hardware in the bottom:)

heres mine new revo 3.3 5308. i just got it 2 days ago! its awesome!

Attachments

• 100_3677.JPG
    100_3677.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_3674.JPG
    100_3674.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 173
some more pics

Attachments

• 100_3682.JPG
    100_3682.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_3683.JPG
    100_3683.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 155
seems like you had fun with it!
and you have put the wheels on wrong!!

yes i no haha i didnt notice till after i took the pics. i had to wash the tires and rushed to put the tires on to get some pics and didnt think about putting them on the right driections lol

I'm back..:D

been a while but back to rc..well just my revo3.3 thats all i have..
but yeah heres my new body desert rat metalic blue..put my 3.3 engine back on with my RB carb/pipe works great..:) my rb engine blew up on me..:\but 3.3 runs very well..

here she is..body was kind of tight fit but worked out was for a 2. revo and i have a 3.3..the only thing is that the front grill sticks out a bit because the body bit short and the back i had to drill a hole for the pins to go sideways ..
IMG_0189.jpg

Hey guys how is everyone its been awhile since I have been on just thought I would say hey and glad to see this thread is still growing ;)

Here is my new toy....

Last edited:
Yeah I found that body on another forum. Got it for $40. I still need to cut it though since it's never been mounted. That blue body was all F'd up from the previous owner, so I dremeled as much as I could to make it semi-presentable.

Go easy on me... this is my first ever custom R/C paint job and I learned a lot. My nephews picked the colors and the masks (they picked the dark metallic grey because its the same color as my real car). I had to rush it a little more than I really wanted, but I wanted to get enough done for the little kids to be happy.

Attachments

• RevoPaintJob 1.jpg
    RevoPaintJob 1.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 161
  • RevoPaintJob 2.jpg
    RevoPaintJob 2.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 168
  • RevoPaintJob 3.jpg
    RevoPaintJob 3.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 143
Well if that's your first painted lid.....I'd say you learned a few things before you started. That looks awesome!

Coming from the heli world, we normally purchase pre-painted canopies (from the factory) at really good prices - $30-$50 for a fully painted / designed fiberglass canopy. So yeah, at first I didn't know what to do with blank car bodies.

I watched a couple of vids on youtube to get the idea, and understand the fundamentals. Basically, it boils down to -start of with clean surfaces, apply masks, paint each layer conservatively - after 3 or so coats, move to the next color. Rinse / Repeat.

The hardest part for me was the trimming of the body. They don't tell you anywhere that a dremel is required -I found a dremel absolutely necessary for cutting out most of the intricate shapes in the body. This part was not fun for me. Plus, I think I inhaled about 5lbs of material fiber. This could be dangerous - or not. Next time I will wear a mask.

Well if that's your first painted lid.....I'd say you learned a few things before you started. That looks awesome!

p.s. Small world - this was all done in Raleigh, NC. That's where my nephews live. All of this stuff was bought at ToyTown in Fuquay-Varina. What a nice hobby-shop. Raleigh is growing so fast its not even funny. I went to school there 20 yrs ago - its crazy how all the traffic is now out beyond the (inner) beltway, while inside the beltway (old Raleigh) everything is nice and smooth.

here is my revo

Last edited:
Back