Post pics of your touring car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highflyin

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Post pics of your touring cars here. Heres my NTC3 with a Novarossi NS12S3.
PIC_6422.gif

PIC_6424.gif

PIC_6426.gif

Here's mine ... Serpent 710
serpent0015fw.jpg

serpent0068rb.jpg

Mugen X12 (soon to be replaced and retired to backup engine status next to my NS12S3A1) with NovaMegga TP06 pipe. Yes, she is raced heavily. Doesn't see the parking lot, only a prepared track.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Revo Rancher said:
Sheeeesh Diver, talk about hard driving! Time for a new body?!? BTW, what made you decide to go with the Cadillac body? I bought the Stratus 3 (latest edition) for my TC4 electric (still unfinished as I await the Neo One motor and Sphere ESC) and I use the stock Viper body for my RS4-3 SS. C-6 Vette and Firebird body is for show only.
I use the CTS-V body on tight technical tracks for the cornering downforce. It's really good for the smaller tracks with tight infields. For a med-large track, I will use the Stratus 3.0, Alfa body (Discontinued but still available locally) or Mazda 6.

It all really depends on what the track layout like, for me to decide what body to use. If it's a clubrace, I will use the Nemesis 2.0 since that body is not ROAR legal for competition.

Granted the C-6 and viper body is nice, for looks, but those bodies don't give me the aerodynamics needed to stick to the track. I would only use those for running in the park or for show. Both of which, I do not do so that's why I don't have those types of bodies.

I actually found a way to make the Viper body catch more downforce. I added duct tape up front, painted to match the body color, so that the front is actually barely touching the ground, but it is flexible enough to flex away on bumps and hard cornering. That helped seal the under carraige from any unwanted airflow and allows more of a ground effect. I then added a strip of clear lexan to the top of the wing that came with the RTR body. This board is about a little over 1/8" taller than the wing and added incredible straight line and med-high speed cornering downforce. You can actually see the suspension unload at about 10-15 mph when letting it coast down from a full throttle straightaway run.

BTW, the duct tape is not the regular kind with the threads in it, it is more like a shiny plastic look. It is a little thinner and lighter in weight, plus it is smooth so it took paint fairly well. I wish they made it in black so I would not even need to paint it.

Yeah, but also not legal when I race.

BAH, brings a tear to my eye seeing my old ntc3 lol. I can see you did a bunch of stuff to it, changed the fuel lines, installed the aluminum shock caps, v2 rear end, relocated the failsafe, new foam tires, new springs, possibly a new air filter. Minor stuff done and it looks almost totally different. How's the car working out for ya?

========================================================

Anyhoo, here's mine...it's a work in progress big block RS4 2

DSCN1164.JPG

Last edited:
kwong2001
The car is working great.I still havent got it to the track yet but i might get to race soon.It is the same airfilter.Your RS4 looks good.I had one and the only weak points were the front hub carriers and the front a-arms.You are going to have to flip the carb around for the throttle linkage.

Diver6127
How do you like the X12? Is it alot better than your old NS12S3?

Heres a pic with the body on.
PIC_6428.gif

Last edited:
i am currently running diver's spare ns12s3 in place of my mugen x12. the x12 has more midrange torque than the nx12s3. the mugen x12 also has lesser runtime per tank. in order to get a 5:30 runtime, we have to use 12" of fuel line from our 75CC tanks. the mugen x12 has great power but it is not truely consistent. i heard that the rex rer12s3 is just as good but i haven't seen one run up close yet.

I recently ordered a jim hottinger modded n12ll3 long stroke engine to take my mugen x12's place and will be using the x12 as a spare or tracks with 200' straights.

Sunny D, that's sweet. Looks a lot like mine looks now, as far as the chassis. I like where you mounted the Venom FS. I left my Rx sitting on it's side when I installed the CF top plate. The instructions said so, but after looking at pics of yours, I guess I can drop it down level.

What is that red thing under the switch? It looks like you have a transponder mounted up top, so I can't figure out the other red thing.

Here's my MTX-3:
DSCF0029.jpg

703DSCF0135a.jpg

Here's my HPI Supernitro:
703SuperNitro1.jpg

And I have a NTC3, but no pics yet.

whoa, are those 1:1 cars really yours? If so, I hate you.... :mad: :jk:

Hers a Pic of my RS4 3 SS with an OS .18 tz, and many more hop ups.

Attachments

• rs4 chassis LF.jpg
    rs4 chassis LF.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 142
  • rs4 chassis LR.jpg
    rs4 chassis LR.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 158
Wow rossb are those 1:1 cars yours?I like the Corvette better.Must be a Chevy thing. jpsonoma have you ran the .18 tz yet? Which pipe are you going to use?

highflyin said:
Wow rossb are those 1:1 cars yours?I like the Corvette better.Must be a Chevy thing. jpsonoma have you ran the .18 tz yet? Which pipe are you going to use?

VIPER!!!!!!! Vipers are waaaaaaay better...

(Not trying to start an argument, just stating how much I love vipers over vettes...)

Yes, actually I have ran the TZ, and I'm using an RD logics T-max pipe. Sorry, those pictures were taken before I got the pipe. I love the engine, tons of power, and the car absolutley screams. I put all heavy duty driveline parts in the car, so I'm hopeing they can withstand the power (so far so good).

xray0077lb.jpg

xray0193fj.jpg

this is my electric touring sedan that I race. this bad boy is simply awesome. i actually like it more than my serpent 710. the best part is that i can race on both indoor and outdoor tracks.

i bet sl0eg1n is dying for xray to come out with a 1/10 nitro sedan. i know id buy one if they did.

until then, here is my FT NTC3 with sirio .15 TUP AF
FT-NTC30006.jpg

FT-NTC30004.jpg

Last edited:
Back