picco red dot swap?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxbasher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys was wondering if anyone has swapped a picco red dot in place of there 3.3? is there huge power gains? any and all feed back would be graet!!

Lots of guys using them in their Revo's and they are a GREAT upgrade power wise to the 3.3 in your Tmaxx you might have some driveline problems. I have a new Picco P2 drop in engine for the Tmaxx, comes with mount and pullstart. It is also ezstart compatable. Good upgrade over a 3.3 and direct drop in. Nice engine new $75 plus actual shipping if you are interested.

sorry if this is a stupid question but what is the picco p2? smallblock? bigblock? .26?......how big of an upgrade is it powerwise over the 3.3? sounds like a good deal but i need some more info!!

I just put one in my maxx and its been great so far...You can't go wrong for 75 bucks and he's got the only one left at that price I'm sure.

Its a .21 by the way...Not sure about what size block it is.

I think its called a mid block made for the Maxx and Revo. I think power wise it is about as much as a Tmaxx can handle with out major upgrades the Maxx 3.3 would be upgraded enough to handle it pretty good.

Lots of guys using them in their Revo's and they are a GREAT upgrade power wise to the 3.3 in your Tmaxx you might have some driveline problems. I have a new Picco P2 drop in engine for the Tmaxx, comes with mount and pullstart. It is also ezstart compatable. Good upgrade over a 3.3 and direct drop in. Nice engine new $75 plus actual shipping if you are interested.

I did the swap on my revo and it is a HUGE improvement over the 3.3, shifts to 2nd and the front wheels still want to lift off the ground