Picco boost .28 or LRP zr.32 for Savage XL?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly what it is my friend, some of the LRPs come from the factory mis-tuned and can complicate things.

I'm not 100% but am very certain they are
Hsn 5-1/4 turns out
Lsn 2-3/4 turns out
Carb gap .50-.75 (credit card thickness)

Exactly what it is my friend, some of the LRPs come from the factory mis-tuned and can complicate things.

I'm not 100% but am very certain they are
Hsn 5-1/4 turns out
Lsn 2-3/4 turns out
Carb gap .50-.75 (credit card thickness)

i read somewhere that the LSN is 5.25 out. BUT tomorrow, ill try yours and ill try the other, either way. ill get this engine out. i didnt spend 200 for nothin;) i spent 200 to break gears! lol but tomorrow ill do my whole break in process, since my pops converted his axial deadbolt that i bought him to lipo and broke his tranny gears, were gonna spend all day trial and tunin:D

My needles were way out of adjustment also. Even after setting to factory specs I had to kinda play around with the setting to get it to run smooth enough for the break in. I t should have came with the instructions for the proper needle settings if you purchased it new. And yes the compression is crazy. Mine started to really wake up after about 7th tank. Not had a plug issue either still running the same plug I broke it in on total of a gallon and a half so far on it.

I used factory needle settings that are right in the manual. It started like 3rd or 4th pull and has started easy ever since. All new engines have lots of compression. Called pinch.

i know what pinch is lol.. but today i went through 2 tanks on break in. started up first pull both times after following what you said HPI. i threw away my booklet that came with the engine by accident, thanks for the heads up. will finish my break in throughout the week, gonna run about 8 tanks through the break in process and then test and tune

From personal experience with this motor don't even attempt to performance tune before 1 gallon has been run through.

I tuned mine at tank 10. Same process i use on everything.

Mine was so rich, i had to lean both needles almost a full turn to keep it running.

yeah these things definately come out of the box rich as can be. and gablet thanks for the heads up, ill tune some just to keep the engine in a sweet spot. Just can't wait for this thing to get on the ball! but its a process

I got a new LRP 32 in the box, not really sure what I am going to put it in yet, all of my trucks are running really good right now. My neighbor bought the LRP 30 when I bought mine, he put his in a Tmaxx. According to him, it will start right up but will not stay running. I am going to with him this weekend and see if we can't get it going and broke in.

like everyone else said, they are tuned weird out of the box. i adjusted them back to stock settings, and it starts up first pull and keeps going until i shut it off. keep it AS RICH AS POSSIBLE. you may need to heat it up with a hair dryer

That's kinda of what I figured, I don't know if the carb is misadjusted from the factory or he has just been playing with the screws, he can't leave a adjustment screw alone even when it is running right. I know the factory settings for the LRP32 but the LRP30 has different settings if I recall correctly, I don't know if he still has the instructions with his motor that shows the factory settings for the 30. Does anyone on here know off hand what the factory settings for the LRP 30?

Last edited:
playing with screws is bad to do when you havent even got a tank through it... i learned this first hand on my first break in. there are some acceptions though, sometimes the idle isnt high enough to keep it running. but you shouldnt have to keep playing the fiddle

playing with screws is bad to do when you havent even got a tank through it... i learned this first hand on my first break in. there are some acceptions though, sometimes the idle isnt high enough to keep it running. but you shouldnt have to keep playing the fiddle

That is what I have told him, everyone of his trucks and buggies I have to retune for him every time we go out and run. He shouldn't be allowed to own a screw driver. I suggested to him that brushless would probably be best for him. I think he has OCD, he has to mess with everything. He has some really nice stuff, he keeps them polished and cleaner than they were when they were new, the problem is they are all show and no go, he can't keep one running.

well man, thats where you come into play. teach em!

well man, thats where you come into play. teach em!

I have been trying but the guy is 52 years old and hard headed. I think he is starting to come around though, it seems like he is actually starting to listen to what I have been telling him, and asking me questions instead of just looking at me like I don't know what I am talking about.

people get stuck in their ways! but hey... least he is about to break:D