Picco .28 V's LRP .30

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK5310

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm over my picco .28 team turbo motor eating the driveline in my revo all the time, I'm also over bump start engines. Picco is getting tired, so it's time for something with less stomp & a pull start.

I've got an LRP ZR.30 that's in ok condition, I can most likley pinch the crank & pull start from a dead LRP .28 that a mate has laying around to convert it to pull start.

But - I'm not sure if it'll be a big enough step down from the picco .28 to stop the driveline destroying shenanigans.

Anyone used both for a reasonable comparison?

My biggest issue is killing diffs & trans main shafts, if I can drop enough grunt to keep them alive for at least a reasonable amount of time I'll be happy.

Other options are out of budget for now, ideally I'd grab a new .21 pull start engine, but anything in the $150 budget range is gonna be a massive disapointment compared to the picco.

Last edited:
The LRP puts out a lot of torque, so that isn't going to stop you from destroying driveline parts.

Yup, that's the worry.

Better start saving for a big rpm .21 methinks, just gotta find one with a pull start.

Can you not just upgrade the drive line? Ideally the diffs and tranny main shafts? Would that not be a cheaper option.

Already have, I run brushless Erevo diffs with hot racing alloy cups (& still kill them), Main shaft has been a custom made one from 8740 steel.

picco .26

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I can install a picco .26 big block on my Tamiya tg10 mk.2 first edition. Will the engine fit the mount of this rc car and wil it fall in place with my throttle or do I have to adjust the whole car.. Thnx..

Kind Regards,

Bram Pietersen
From Holland

Back