Peoblems With My K3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnking

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Drive shaft problems K3

My front right drive shaft keeps popping out of the diff hub. I have heard of other people having this problem so it seems it may be a common problem. if any one knows the cause or the solution I would really appreciate some help thnks.

Last edited:
Make sure it is the drive with the small ring around it on the front. One other thing to check is that you have the right front upper A arm on for the 22 use the one with the cut out and the 20 use the other one. I have not had this prob. but have also seen a few post about it and it seems that is the probs. Hope that helps.

yes i have the right upper arms and the right drive shaft, its bent ever so slightly though. When I try to put the shaft back in I can't unless I unbolt the upper arm, weird. maybe my arm travel is too much? I red about fioroni maker longer diff hubs, but I can't find them except with the whole diff($200). Are there aftermarket drive shafts? thnks

i heard that people had trouble with the rear dog bones popping out.. not the fronts.. maybe you got the wrong shaffts in the front.. outof the 4 shafts.. the longer ones go in the front...

try and set the camber to 1 or 2 degrees negative. Maybe that will help if not I am at a end sorry.

Is this what's happening to you?

4859out_drive-med.JPG

My left kept coming out. Check your mesh on your gears you may be able to get you diff to move to the side you need it to, but make sure you still keep a good mesh. Mine would only do it on big jumps but it got worse till just about any jump would make it come out. If you notice that you have diff. fluid leaking you may have also cracked your diff case, I cracked two of mine because when it would pop out it would put alot of pressure on the outdrive and that would crack the diff. case, so just a heads up on that. Others here at this site recomended that a put fuel tubing on the shock shaft so that it would not have as much up travel so you may try that, I never got around to that but you could try it. The fioroni outdrives are longer but they are made different and will not fit on the TCD. Before I ever got around to trying out what would work I got the Fioroni diffs. and that solved my problem, and now my out drives are pretty far in the outdrives and do not come out any more. Below is my uni. in the Fioroni out drive.

4859fironi_out_drive-med.JPG

Unless you just want to get the Fioroni diff. I would recommend trying some other things. Mine just pissed me off so much cause I could not figure it out so I just got the Fioroni diffs. and solved the problem, but I was planning on getting the diff. any way.

thnks for the pics and info. I'll just get the new diffs I guess. thnks

My buggy was doing the same thing but I found that is was my pillow ball suspension set-up. When I would compress my suspension by hand the dogbone would just about pull out of the outdrive. I had to adjust the screws that hold the pbs in place to shorten the distance from the outdrive to the axle hub. Mine was popping out on large jumps as well. I also found that putting a heavier oil in the shocks kept the car from bottoming out as hard, and also kept the universals from popping out.

Back