one way bearing problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattboy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just bought my savage and ran it several times, but now it wont start so i bought a new bearing and it worked but after about 10 runs it stripped again so i do not know what the problem is any suggestions?

Crack the glow plug abit when your are starting it.

Use short bursts of power from the roto-start

Make sure your motor is tuned really good so it starts fast

cracking the glow plug didnt work. thanx tho

You might want to try the short bursts and flood the engine a little, then put a glow plug igniter on and try the short bursts again and it should start up pretty quick... That's how I get mine started for the first time in the day when it slips.

it is still not wanting to catch, sounds like it is stripped. i should probley buy a new one then use the short bursts so the bearing willl last longer. thanx tho

How long are you holding the rotostart on at any given shot? If you hold it too long, you will heat up the one way. This loosens the bearings and can lead to it breaking down more quickly.

You should be doing very short bursts on the rotostart.

i've got the same problem i found out when the engine floods the fuel trys to get out gets frow the back plat and go's on one way bearing and the bearing spins because of the fuel

Piss on it, get a pull start. I've read a ton of threads with people having problems with that roto start. It has its advantages, but your quickly learning it's disadvantages. It sounds like the stupid thing is to powerful for it's own good and they didn't compensate by putting a better one-way in the engine.

I've been using pull starts on my engines for a 3 years or so. When they start slipping, tear it apart, clean it, put it back together. I only have to clean it about once every gallon.

Well just a bit of info.

I've had way more problems with my P/S and one-way on my FR18 in my maxx thatn i have with my roto and one-way on my savage witch is a big ZERO for the savage and i lost count on my MAXX.

It probably depends on the Mfr of the engine as well.

The one in my OS 21 RG needs cleaned about every gallon. My orion hasn't been cleaned yet and I've gone through 3 gallons. My Omega 21 hasn't needed cleaning yet either and it's around 3 gallons.

I haven't had a HPI, Fantom or Traxxas engine yet.

The one that was in my Mach 15 on my xxx-nt when I had it only lasted about 1/2 gallon before it needed cleaned.

I have yet to replace a bearing though.

Never had that problem...I use mine is small bursts of 5 secs...and most of the time I just load my engine up by putting my finger over the exhaust for like 3-5 secs then put the glow igniter on and it starts in one press of the button.Then the rest of the night I never have to flood the engine all I do is add fuel the igniter and hold down the button for one sec tops!

tannera said:
i've got the same problem i found out when the engine floods the fuel trys to get out gets frow the back plat and go's on one way bearing and the bearing spins because of the fuel

there you go...

the fuel will escape from the back and the one way gets soaked in the fuel.

take a paper towel and dry it up..

if you see a fine line crack... well then you know it is broken
if not... then it is just soaked in fuel..