One for SNG....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So, SNG pms me, wants a purple metal flake paint job with chrome flames, so this is what he gets. The pictures SUCK! I tried outside, no good at all, I tried inside, the flash kept glaring off the chrome and messing up the exposure.

For the main color I laid down some faskoat with purple parma metal flake, then backed that with pactra pearl purple. The chrome flames are hand cut from diveleys lm, with the eem lettering also hand cut lm, shaded with pactra smoke, and then painted with spaz stix mirror chrome. I really wish I could get some pics that really show the true look of this one, but it was all I could do to just get these. The lid looks waaaaaay better in person. So I hope you like it Lloyd.

012-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

017-5.jpg

009-3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know its mine but even if it wasn't i would have to say thats the baddest paint job i have seen personally, EXCELLENT work Joe!

That's NUTS!!!
I know all about trying to get pictures of paint jobs with metallics and chrome. I can just imagine how this one really looks.
WHAT IS THAT LID??

That is some SERIOUS flake. Very nice Joe! Nice body Lloyd! Let's see that baby all mounted up :)

Thats awesome! Great job! Congrats on the lid lloyd.

Its the Jconcepts Gate Crasher body....I'm definatly gonna be catching my rig everytime it rolls over for a long time lol.

Its the Jconcepts Gate Crasher body....I'm definatly gonna be catching my rig everytime it rolls over for a long time lol.

^^^^right ther yo.

I can't stand purple - it's personal thing but the chrome flames/smoked outlines are awesome. Also, fantastic job incorporating the EEM in the flames. You da man Joe!

Great thing for me is I'm gonna get to use EEM body mounts so i wont have any holes in this lid wich just kills it in my opinion.

And theres a nice protective coat of Faskoat on it, so you should have NO issues with any paint coming up.

Awesome! Thats what i want to hear!

Beautiful job! It puts most of the heavy metal flake bass boats to shame!

I actually just now came up from the basement, just finished layin down a layer of fire. So yours won't be much longer Chris :D

I even love teh grill and headlights, the ones for this body are the ones other jconcepts bodies use and they are very unrealistic and throw the look of this body way off imo...