Omg traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Traxxas did have a 1/5 scale way back when.

I have all traxxas trucks and have no problem beating lots of losi, associated, HPI, ect trucks on the track. If you take the time to set up your suspension right you would be suprised what any decent rig can do. Just my experience and opinion tho.:D:D

Hmm, don't know about that. I have a Revo all done up to race, and a pair of D8T's that are pretty much stock.

There is no possible way my Revo could ever even stay on the same lap as a D8T. I have both, have set-up both, and have run both on the track. It is not the lack of power that is keeping it down either. The power transfer "lag" out of the gate is enough to put it out of contention instantly. Slipper clutches, plastic gears & drive shafts, that stuff is a joke if you care about performance.

It's all about the driver, but the driver goes faster w/ a real truggy than a Revo any day. :D

As stated above, Traxxas is a good beginner/basher brand, but if you want real performance it is time to move on...

Last edited:
I heard Traxxas was going to rebadge all of their products "Tyco" and sell them in WalMart and Toys R Us.

Oh my bad guys I guess that I'm not as good of a person in general if I don't have thousands of dollars to put into this hobby. Therefore I'm a child because I play with traxxas. This is what I'm hearing in this thread. Right? I am a beginner in this hobby and I fully plan to evolve. Just like you ALL have! So be nice and play with what you got and be happy that your able to do so for once.

On that note I will say that traxxas is way overpriced for what you get. But if you buy used at the prices I have he'll you can't beat them. I have just as much fun as I would with a Hpi buggy for 1/4 of the price.

Oh my bad guys I guess that I'm not as good of a person in general if I don't have thousands of dollars to put into this hobby. Therefore I'm a child because I play with traxxas. This is what I'm hearing in this thread. Right? I am a beginner in this hobby and I fully plan to evolve. Just like you ALL have! So be nice and play with what you got and be happy that your able to do so for once.

??? You don't have to spend a ton of cash to have fun. You also don't have to get all defensive. Some of us just don't like Traxxas. Some of us also don't like HPI, Losi, Associated, (insert rc brand name here).

But I guess you'll hear what you want to hear.

Oh my bad guys I guess that I'm not as good of a person in general if I don't have thousands of dollars to put into this hobby.
Nobody said anything close to that. I would also agree with alien that traxxas is a better rig for beginners. They generally are easy to work on and easy to get going right out of the box. That does not mean they are crap. I own many traxxas rigs and love them. Whether or not they compare to other brands is a matter of personal opinion.

There is nothing wrong with Traxxas but I will agree they do typically shoot for the younger crowd of the RC market. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. There are a lot of higher end companies that lean more towards the competitive racing market than the backyard basher. I no longer have the huge cash to drop on them any more either but I still have fun with RC's. Now Traxxas being rebadged as Tyco is a little over exaggerated but they do put out some flashy crap that is pointed at the same kid market as the Tyco toys (IE Monster Jam trucks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont mean to give any of you guys hell its just the all around impression I've been getting from a lot of others off this site that their stuff is better than mine. I'm not out to compare nothing with anyone. I just want to enjoy what I can afford and I love my traxxas tmaxx and revo. Hell I only been into this sport for a month and already know the vehicles front to back inside out. Engines included. I love wrenching on em as much as driving them. And I do appologize for being defensive before. I've had a lot of knowledge come from you all here. It's really just been a pissy day with me around the house but that's no excuse. When I read the tonka toy remark it just rubbed me wrong. I look forward to reading stuff on this site every day so don't be bothered by anything I post it may just be a hint of bipolar coming out in me cause I'm low on nitro!

And yeah I guess the monster jam truck is a bit focused to kids. Now that I look at it. It's ridiculous! Unless your still into monster jam stuff or collect it then it would make a nice mantle piece...

who cares what you drive us nitro guy need to stick together traxxas redcat hpi it dont matter where all here to have fun

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

and by the way rolex my first rc was a tyco bandit lol

one of my first rc was a tonka green jeep that i had fitted a small electric motor to it ...i had no steering ..but i still had fun with it ..lol :hehe::D

My parents never would buy me an RC for some reason but I had that big ass undestructable tonka dump truck and I had a bunch of different nitro planes with string controls that I never got to fly. My dad and uncle always took me out and they flew em for me. And Crashed em as well.

i had them planes too,never got one to run,also had a cox buggy start it and let it go until it crashed

My folks were that way too. Never supported my rc interest. Until I became a raging, hell bent drunk. After straightening that mess up, they encourage any sober form of entertainment that interests me.:)

I did have that same buggy at one time too. No controls just fire it up and let it go till it's out of fuel.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Hell I'm 40 and mom still calls me stupid fior spending my money on RC stuff. She will never get it! Don't matter though I'm gonna do what I damn well please anyway. Worked my ass off for 23 years and it only crippled me in the process. Soon as I get my disability coming in each month I'm gonna become very serious about nitro and probly gonna have a lot of different ones lying around and being modified. May even pull that four stroke weed eater engine project out of my head and unto a chassis!

Well heck Here I am with 5 Revo's that keeps me busy via my grandsons and then I here the same thing that the other brands are better. Sure glad I got a good supply of parts if Traxxas goe's out at least I can still keep them goin till it's over. I could care less whitch is fastest as we don't race, just one another. Mite look at one of the go fast different brands but yall gotta guarantee it will out run the 3.3. Gotta have big motor with no plastic threads that pull out. That s what upsets me but go to bolt bin and get me a good ole American thread taper the end a bit screws rite in.