Official RCNT Bash - Hampton Roads 2007

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Select the best weekend or weekends for the you...

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame there's the entire Atlantic ocean between you guys and me. :depress:

It would be great to hang with y'all for a few days.

It is a shame, as you would be most welcome. If you ever manage to hop the pond and are in my neck of the woods, drop me an e-mail. Always happy to make new friends and meet our members.

I'm not going to vote either, It all depends on work. If I am in the area when the bash is I"ve got a mini dv camcorder aswell and I'll take some vids.

Fair enough.

The more feedback I get the better able I will be to plan something.

This is starting to look like a non-starter from the standpoint of participation. I may end up bashing alone and hoping others come to witness the carnage.

Come on everyone...let's get some bodies involved here. Or let me know that I should try again next year.

I voted for the two dates in September. I spoke to the wife and it would be a possiblity for me. Skymaxx I wish I could commit at this point. If I were still a single man, I would be there for sure, but when a family is involved it is a bit more complicated, as I am sure you know, being a family man yourself. I will do the best I can to give you as much notice as I can if I can make it.

I definitely think you should try again next year for sure!

Tom

I can understand. This thing got a late start...mostly due to my late return to the site and hobby...serving the country and taking care of my family got in the way...life does that.

I guess, I'll give this until the middle of August and shoot for the latter half of September. If by 15 August, there isn't enough in the way of committed bashers...I'll shut this off and start planning for next year.

That will give me another season or two to get my buggies into peak flying condition. It will also allow me to save up some money in case I need to do the travelling to a bash somewhere else...hosted by another RCNT Staffer or what-not.

Not that late of a start. Come on guys.

I'm not sure if I'll make it but I'm already ordering depends for the trip.
Got to be a lot more in the area!

LOL...I'm not giving up yet...15 August...that is when I will give up...if there is not enough support. At this point, I am going to remove the two August dates...and push for the September timeframe.

Unfortunately for WoodiE, one of the two weekends in question includes one of the days that is bad for him. Field of dates narrowed to September.

Last edited:
C'mon guys!! Lets do some bashing in VA Beach!!! I am sure we could find some trophy girls!! The beach aint that far.... and with Digger bringing the depends... we don't have to leave..... just drink and change when it's full! LOL

Tom

LMAO

Why not set it for the last weekend?
Good for Woodie. Everybody have more time to plan and maybe a better chance to get off work?

It may very well end up being the last weekend in September. So far, I have not gotten much feedback beyond the three or four of you who are keeping this thread active. And two of you are only thinking about coming down to hang out...not a big deal, but not a good deal...it would mean alot of travel for most of you to come and watch me or a couple of us who might be local bash our rides.

I'd like this to be something worthwhile for all involved.

It doesn't really matter to me which weekend in Sept. We're pretty much open to either or even the last. I just want the same as Sky. It needs to be worth my while. It won't be fun if there aren't at least 4 or more people from RCNT that I can meet. it's really all about meeting people from here. I can go to multiple places much closer than 9 hours drive and race with people I've never communicated with. We can all do that. If the list were to include the likes of Sky, Woodie, VB, IB etc. then yes, the wife and I will start making plans.

Based on the chit chat and WoodiE's availability...we'll settle up on the final weekend in September.

As stated, this should give everyone sufficient time to plan and get time off from work if necessary. The next question I have...do we start on Friday or do we start on Saturday? Just thinking about travel for those who drive nine hours to come to this....and hoping to get at least two good days of bashing in.

Sweet! Sounds like a plan man! We'll probably make it down for the Friday as well if you decide to add that.

Man.. I hate to be the first one to punk out, especially since I've been so hype about it. It just wouldn't be smart of us this year. We just need to set our priorities for the remainder of the year. Sorry guys :(

Sorry guys (not that anyone was waiting with bated breath or anything) but by that weekend, my son's hockey season will be underway, along with school for both kids and who know what else. Sorry I'm missing it! You guys have a great time and post pictures!

At this rate, there may not be a bash at all. I may simply take the kids up there and bash my buggies...my eldest daughter got a digital camera for her birthday and has been shooting my heli...perhaps she'll have as much fun shooting the buggies.

The bash is still on until my mid-August decision point...

Looks like this bash is going to die a silent death. One week until my decision point and the only activity on this is the stuff I generate.

Looks like I'll have to plan one out for next year.

Sorry Sky, I would have loved to come down and bash with ya, but school will be starting for the kids right at that time, and the cabbage just isnt there for a road trip right now. :nono:

No sweat. I figured it was late to be planning one, but wanted to give it a go. Next year, I'll start the planning earlier and try to get it organized and set up for an ealier date in the Summer.

The site needs to have a bash...whether it is in my backyard or someone elses...we need to make it happen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back