RCNT Eash Coast Bash?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Gents, I have been away from the site for a bit and away from my nitro fueled flying buggies for far too long. Since I am starting to get back into my hobbies, thanks to some well earned shore duty (means I have more free time...sort of), I am looking to get some bashing in. Since I have lost most of my local bash buddies, I am both looking for some bash buddies and to find out if there is interest in an RCNT Bash. I know it is already late into the season and it is freaking hot as hell everywhere in the States...but we could look to the latter half of Summer or early part of Fall. Before I go into too much effort to build up a bash, I need to know if there is any interest.

If the bash were to happen it would be at a local BMX track. I will confirm that the location is still good and willing to host/permit us to play on the track.

For those that do not know about it, search Hampton Roads Bash on this site, and you will come across a few threads about the previous two bashes I hosted. I can post up the vids from those bashes to give you an idea of what you might be dealing with (just ask)...but the short of it is a lot of huge air bashing on a great track.

So...post up if you are willing to come play in Hampton Roads, Virginia...and then give me a recommendation regarding the timeframe...I'm looking at August/September.

-SkyMaxx

PS If you are local to Hampton Roads, let me know and perhaps we can hook up for some RC bashing...there are plenty of construction sites to run amok in.

OK, this sorry mapquest isn't coming up with anything....
Found Hampton? Where is it?

Would like to make it down if I could. Not had a lot of spare time this year. Probably won't bring anything, just like to hang out with you guys.

Here is the track's main site: Supertrack

Here is their location link: Location

Here is a Google Map starting point to work with: GoogleMap

Note, Hampton Roads is not a specific city...it is the name for an entire area in Virginia comprised of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News, and a couple of other cities in the Chesapeake Bay area. It is also referred to as Tidewater.

Sorry for the confusion.

5 1/2 hours away. Might be able to make it.

8 1/2 hours.. definately a possibility. I've been wanting to get to one of these for a few years.

What day/s of the week do you think we'd be running?

Hey that could be doable for me. It all depends on date and time and all of that good stuff. It is only a few hours away for me. I will monitor this post for more details. I can't promise anything other than interest at this point though.

Tom

Interest is what I am trying to determine...if there is enough, then I will start putting one together.

As for bashing days...usually run a Saturday and Sunday, but am open to run a Friday, Saturday and Sunday or any combination of weekend days. At this point I am looking at late August or early September, but need to take a careful look at the track's race schedule so I do not set up on a race day.

Sounds good. I think an organized bash is a great idea. It is a great opportunity to meet and greet as well as have some good clean fun in the dirt!

Tom

Let's put it this way...the last time I hosted a bash or two were a complete blast. I got to meet a few members from RCNT and got to do and see things done with RC Buggies and Trucks that most people don't try. I'll have to dig up some of the vids from those bashes and repost them for others to view. Then people will get an idea of what fun we had in the past.

hmmm....8 hrs away for me. its doable....
i'm interested but final commitment will hinge on work. we have a deployment schedule for early fall

Anyway possible I want to be there.

Come on guys, who else?

Deployment? Those I understand...have been deployed recently as last year and that is what kept me away from the site and my hobby. So, deployments I can understand....but take a look at the timing as we settle on a date, and see if you have the time...a good bash is always good fun.

12 hours for me...not gonna be able to do that. I'd love to have a bash more in the north east area, like Mass or something though.

There is normally an East Coast Bash in the New York city area. But this year and at this moment, I am the only game in town.

If we get enough interest in a bash up north, some of my peers from up that way might throw something together.

Skymaxx,

It might be a good idea to put up an address on the first post of the "meeting spot" or whatever. Give people an idea how far the drive will be for them, find surrounding hotels/motels, and possible dates this would/could be held.

I'd like to attend and will if I can just need to know the following info and then see what I can fit into my work schedule! It's be great to show off the new FG Monster Truck.

-Michael

Track information is in here somewhere...will move it to the first post.

Thread is closed due to the creation of a new thread. Sufficient interest has been shown for me to make it official...visit the new thread
CLICK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back