No Sleep tonight...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm gonna sleep like crap tonight.. Tomorrow is the schedualed delivery for the Baja to show up. I get ants in my pants while waiting for Rc stuff, but can't remember getting them THIS bad..lol.. Sad because I already had to run up town to make sure I had gas and 2 cycle oil on hand so Ill be ready to rip as soon as she comes..haha.. Ya know ya got it bad when it effects your sleep..haha.. Ill post pics up as soon as she comes in.. I can't wait! :celebrate2:

I know that feeling 4U2nv and you'll be getting less sleep when you start with all the hop ups.Here's mine

Attachments

• Baja-1.jpg
    Baja-1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 146
Andy, you're killing me man! I REALLY want to get one in the worst way! Congrats on the new toy!

Gonna be a long wait while the receiver battery charges....

It won't be long til you start selling all your nitro for more large scale stuff!

-Michael

It won't be long til you start selling all your nitro for more large scale stuff!

-Michael
I already did..lol.. Thats how I managed to get the baja..lol.. I only have a plane, my mini-t and then have a evader I got from monkey which is my nephews..
I woke up at 6:30 today to wait for the ups guy..Actually I just got sick of laying in bed..lol. I havnt been up this early since I dont know when..lol (I'm a bit of a night owl).

4 wheel, I got it covered..lol. I went to the LHS and bought a 2300 mah (I think it is) reciever pack thats all charged up and ready to go..haha.. Simply open the box and run.. Like I said, I REALLY had ants in my pants for this one..haha.. Ill be sure to snap some pics.

Make sure you get a good SNIFF of the Baja when you open the box. Its better then opening a new can of coffee. That new car smell if great.

Double check the needle settings, Prime, Set the choke, pull once or twice till it "Pops", take the choke off, pull once or twice more then let her rip! Thats all there is to it.

You may need to adjust the LSN to keep it from bogging down. Just little 1/16th turns, dont over do it. It will keep getting stronger for the first 4-5 tanks. No need to baby it or do and "Nitro Style" brake-in. Just dont try to tune for max power till the 5 tanks are done.

I have the MG servo upgrade in stock. It will be one of the first things you will want to upgrade.

Let us know what you think!!!!

Grats, welcome to the Mans World" of RCs :D

Ups man came at about 2:30 and I've been out running since.. Man what a blast.. NEVER will I go back to Nitro..

Only question I have is, how far does yours go from the transmitter? Mine doesn't seem to go very far at all. Id say maybe 20-25 yards tops, and then it just stops until I walk closer.. (just the stock transmitter and stuff) Thought that was kinda weird.

Also when it came there was 2 nuts and a pin laying in the bottom of the box. I found out the nuts were from the from a-arm and so was one of the pins. Thought that was kinda weird to. I'm gonna go threw tonight and locktight everything..

Other than that, its the most kick ass thing I've ever drove. If you dont have one, and have been wanting one, GET ONE! You'll be SOOO happy ya did.

Heres some snaps I took of it on the road in front of my house. Ill get some action ones as soon as someone else is home.

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

You should get farther then that with the radio. I have been at least 75-100 yards. Arent you glad it has a built in failsafe :)

People just dont understand the Gassers until they get one. All the fun of nitro with 75% less hassle. How do you like the 45 minute runtime on a tank? No need to worry about overheating doing WOT runs.

I havnt gone threw a full tank yet..lol..
I never knew it had a built in failsafe. Thats good to know. I'm gonna read the manuals tonight. But yeah, I'm not getting much distance.
I was still in awe to the size of this thing.. Its rediculous! I got it running pretty fat right now and will for the 1st few tanks..

Oh man you guys are killing me..........I am going to race my Revo this year...but everything else is on the table...

......must liquidate to buy BAJA....must liquidate to buy BAJA......Need extra cash for BAJA hop ups.....LOL....the addiction grows.

Keep the pics coming buddy!! Jump the house and such..;)

I think I need to sell some Nitro's.... lol Those are just too badass....

Hey WoodiE, how bout another Baja lotto? :naughty: I can't afford a Baja right now, but I know I scrape up some cash for a few tickets!

I think I need to sell some Nitro's.... lol Those are just too badass....

You could have had one Mr Toyz, but you went and spent all your money on Bows and Bikes :D

Just wait till you get a pipe on there. I'm serious. I let Grant (the guy who got the other baja with me), try mine with the jet pro on there. HUGE difference!

The only thing I have broken was one of the steering knuckles and the antenna tube. Very durable rig!

I put a 29 in mine. WOW!!! Spins the rubber right off my Tarmac tires. :D
I just got the X-Can for it. Havent had a chance to run it yet.

45 minutes is a lot of drive time. After about a half hour of driving, us reformed nitro guys are pulling it in and seeing half a tank still left.

Exactly! I can't believe how long the tank lasts on these things!

How is the top speed on yours Ed?

Its just a little quicker then the 23.
Its all about the bottom end with the 29.
I added a stuffed stroker crank as well. The stuffed crank makes it spool a lot faster. A lot less lag time on the bottom of the power curve.

Ed youll have to let me know how ya like that Xcan. I've been looking into them and seems to be the most common pipe out there I think.
Yeah the tanks last forever. I'm used to running a couple tanks and then heading in. I only went threw a little over a tank today.. So awesome..

Heres some pics my dad shot of me a few minutes ago in the front yard.
IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

What are you guys doing about the vents on the side? I mean to keep stuff out. Mine gets packed with leaves, lawn clipping and small pebbles. I plan on buying a pull start fliter/cover thing VERY soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back