nitro fliud comes out resonator when i start?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiytboi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok So i just picked up a T-maxx off a friend and I'm complete new to nitro. But it runs i have gotten it to start and run. when i first get it started it kinda spirts gas out the muffler? Is this because my jet is to wide open? also noticed when i take the filter of it spits out carb also? Question is, would this be happening cause it needs a major tunning?

Definitely sounds like it's running too rich. I would advise you not to remove the air filter while it's running, small particles of dirt can cause problems if allowed into the engine.
Does the engine start easily? If so, then your HSN (high speed needle) probably needs to be leaned out a bit. If the truck is real boggy from a dead stop then the LSN needs to be leaned out some. Make very small adjustments to the needles (1/16 increments at a time). A temp gun is a very valuable tool when tuning a nitro engine. You can get them for $20-$30. I'd buy one before I'd buy any fuel.

I was trying to find what stock is for a t-maxx 2.5, I believe its flush with the cover? and Idea? It started ok, took a minute to get to running, would stall out when i removed the glow plug ignitor, but if i stayed on the throttle a little it would run. thats when i noticed the spirting of fluid out the exhaust. ran good for a bit, but then i forgot to check gas and ran out. put more in, noticed ez start was dying so i charged that, and have been looking for info on tunning. Also I do have a temp gun just need to find a 9v

Last edited:
def. running rich-close the hsn all the way and turn it out 4 turns-thats traxxas stock setting-the lsn should be flush with inner circle ring right around it-i find that setting alil to lean for my area.

I drive mine around with the glow plug ignitor for 30 -60 seconds and then take it out and it runs fine.

Defenitly check the link by Marauder to get familial with the different needles... You got the high speed needle (HSN) low speed needle (LSN) and idle screw. by the way is it the 2.5 with the alluminum colored head or the 2.5r with the blue colored head?