New/Used HPI RS4 3 And Lots of Qs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I charged up the rigs battery pack and threw in 1/2 used 1/2 new batteries in the transmitter. Turn the rig on and I get steering/throttle response for a second then it stops working all together, at the same time the dbox is still countersteering when I rotate the vehicle. Is this a major issue or possibly too dead of batteries in the transmitter or possibly an under or overcharged battery pack? :\
(Even after I lose the controls to steering and throttle, ill turn it off, then back on and sometimes will not work at all and sometimes ill get like 1-2 throttle pulls and like a left or right turn on the steering)

Okay its been quite awhile since I have done anything with this thread but I am thinking about dropping an engine into this beast and using her, but need to know what will drop into this thing? It also has the Stage D rear exhaust pipe so I gotta try and find an engine that has the same style exaust port that will hookup to the flange on my exhaust. Any ideas? Also mainly looking at aftnermarket drop ins, nothing by HPI if I can help it.

Thanks guys :D