New/Used HPI RS4 3 And Lots of Qs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find out what the factory needle settings are, and start about an 1/8th turn lean of them. Make sure to use locktite on any bolts that thread into metal.

the make awesome Christmas Ornaments :hehe:

clutch bell including bearing, shoes, gears, carb if she doesn't leak... have you tried looking for a sleeve/piston for the engine....

Does any .15 engine have the same piston/rod setup or how would I go about getting a kit? Also, I have lock-tite but it is like 10 years old, is this still good?

you could send the blown engine into HPI for their upgrade program maybe?

Does any .15 engine have the same piston/rod setup or how would I go about getting a kit? Also, I have lock-tite but it is like 10 years old, is this still good?

I have some locktite that is 15-20 years old and it's fine. If your worried, try some on a nut and bolt you have lying around. Make sure it's removable locktite, not permanent. Blue's usually removable, red's usually permanent.

1 I'm considering taking apart my drivedrain & gears to clean and oil them up but not even sure where to start or what to do, eep. Any input?

2 Also, Looking for the factory needle settings for Idle/HSn/LSn. Not sure where to locate these settings :S

3 Last, I need to know if that red/black wire coming off of the on/off switch is my charger connection. I can't find a charger with the same connector as that or what I even need to be looking for.

4 I have found the infro needed for an engine exchange but now need to know what is the best fit for my evo3?

Small Block

Part #
Nitro Star T-15
$65.00

Nitro Star G3.0 with Pullstart
$65.00

Nitro Star T3.0 with Pullstart
$65.00

Big Block

Nitro Star F4.6
$149.00

Nitro Star K4.6
$149.00

Nitro Star K5.9 Engine W/ Pullstart
$179.00

Last edited:
Are both engines small blocks? Id assume yes but who knows

Are both engines small blocks? Id assume yes but who knows

typically

.18 and smaller are small blocks
.19 and bigger are big blocks

and on a touring car that you are wanting to drift, i'd stay small block. lighter weight on the tires = less grip = better drift.

The two engine u have now are small blocks

the three small block should all be a direct drop in, I would go with the T3.0 because I think the G3.0 is made for offroad uses, not there there is any major difference in a 1:10 scale. You should wait until someone confirms my thoughts on the T3.0 and G3.0 as i am not 100% certain.

Last edited:
The two engine u have now are small blocks

the three small block should all be a direct drop in, I would go with the T3.0 because I think the G3.0 is made for offroad uses, not there there is any major difference in a 1:10 scale. You should wait until someone confirms my thoughts on the T3.0 and G3.0 as i am not 100% certain.

The T3.0 is for 1/10 scale touring. and i know HPI drops the G3.0 in their Drift cars and Firestorm RTR & the Nirto MT2.... with that being said i would picture the g3.0 being a little tourqe"ier" than the t3.0....

The T3.0 is for 1/10 scale touring. and i know HPI drops the G3.0 in their Drift cars and Firestorm RTR & the Nirto MT2.... with that being said i would picture the g3.0 being a little tourqe"ier" than the t3.0....

Exactly what I wanted to hear thank you gentlemen.

Anybody know for sure what the red/black cable coming off of my on/off switch is? I need a charger so I can get this baby running.

Thanks guys

Ok my roto-start doesn't kick in but if I tap the little pin back into the catch itll turn fine by hand but when I put back onto the starter, it turns 2-3 times and slips out, how can I fix this?

Exactly what I wanted to hear thank you gentlemen.

Anybody know for sure what the red/black cable coming off of my on/off switch is? I need a charger so I can get this baby running.

Thanks guys

Look for the battery's wire coming off of the pack. most likely going to the Rx. That is where you charge the batter. You'll have to pull it out and find a female socket to fit that plug and use a low amp setting on your charger....

Ok my roto-start doesn't kick in but if I tap the little pin back into the catch itll turn fine by hand but when I put back onto the starter, it turns 2-3 times and slips out, how can I fix this?

go to a fire arm store and get "REM oil" it's a really thin oil that is PTFE embedded... you ask why what PTFE is... it's the non 3M version of Teflon. It'll make the pin and it's housing slicker than snot on a brass door knob... put two or three drops in the pin housing and you'll never look back.

Does anyone know of a site where I can see the HPI RS4 3EVO 3d breakdown of parts? (parts list) I need the # for the bolts holding the header to the block

Do wheels differ the performance based on the offset of it? I love the deep dish look in the rear but don't wannt alter something that didnt need to be..

Thanks again