New to RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up taking a trip to the closest hobby shop this morning, and funny enough they had that team energy electric buggy and the nitro one I mentioned about, a guy brought them in like 6 months ago and never came back and got them so they sold it to me for $175! I know it's not a well known brand but for the price and what I plan on doing for the time being I couldnt pass it up

Good deal, man! Let us know how you like it!

Picked it up after work! Going to start reading the manuals so I can break it in this weekend

Attachments

• 1461972082956287336726.jpg
    1461972082956287336726.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 117
Picked it up after work! Going to start reading the manuals so I can break it in this weekend

When you start running the buggy on the ground ,make sure you keep tabs on the wheel nuts & motor
mount screws ,make sure that they are tight.Also do a check on the cylinder head screws as you break it
in ,they work loose sometimes.

Your first start up ,its easier on the starter if you loosen up the glo plug alittle before you start it ,it will be
much easier ,an once started ,take glo igniter off while running an tighten it back up.
Do that each start up while breaking it in ,it helps relieve some of the compression ,like a compression
relief.
Also find the bottom dead center of the piston ,meaning piston down out of the cylinder ,mark the flywheel,
You should always run the piston down after running it when cooling off.
This will prolong the life of the engines pinch& compression.

Great news, got the car broke in today! Car started within 2 pulls everytime! Thanks for all the help!

Car is built really well and assembled very well, everything metal on metal had loctite, the only thing is the front end alignment one wheel is toed out more than the other and even using trim buttons it either pulls one or the other. Other than that small issue couldn't be happier with an intro level buggy to get me started

I would not get anything from NitroRCX since it's kinda cheaply made stuff but I'd go with Traxxas, HPi, Associated, LOSi, or Kyosho

Your best bet is Traxxas or Associated

Whatever you do, if you're a beginner, don't buy something super fast and buy something very durable. I've had a Traxxas slash for quite a while and I beat the crap out of it when I first got it and only a few minor things have broke over the long time I've had it. It was a 2wd XL-5 edition.

But now it's a brushless beast that can do at least 50 mph and has over $300 into it not included the price it was brand new. Lol

A successful day of bashing around today, car is extremely durable, my dog chased it and picked it up by the wing and flung it and the wing did not have any marks on it and nothing else was broken, After putting him up on a lease so I could start driving it a little harder, I managed to roll it a couple more times as well as lose some traction on some small gravel and run into a bigger rock with the front left that stopped it instantly ( I was sure it broke something) but it held up rather well, the only problem I had in probably 3hrs was one small pebble got in between the clutch bell and spur gear and stopped it moving. I am rather impressed with how well this thing is built.

I do have a question though?
Spare parts for everything minus a motor, tires and wheels, and few things I'm probably missing and some things they don't have in stock are roughly $250 (was going to order while in stock since I'm worried about nitrorcx kind of rap about not having stock in hand for months)
OR buy a whole new buggy from them for $320, and then buy the spares as needed if i break something and pull it off the other buggy?

Awesome. You got a good deal on that rig. You can upgrade it as you go. When you break something buy 2 of them. Research the part in these forums and try to get a better than original part. Next thing you know... you will have a really good and dependable vehicle.

You will probably break the same parts over and over, and some parts never. A complete new vehicle for this reason may not be the best investment. Enjoy!

How good is the kyosho mp9 tki3 readyset?

I have no experience with Kyosho. Sorry. My knowledge is mostly Traxxass.