New to RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bailey2324

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Nitro RC, I was just looking for some information about some things I should look out for.

I've read completely mixed reviews on NitroRCX on whether they were good or not I'm currently looking at
. And would like some opinions on whether its a good buy or not

Thanks for your help

I've never owned one ,but they been producing rc's for quite awhile ,so they could be getting better in quality!

One of the most impotant things when buying a certain brand of rc is to know if the parts are available,an
if aftermarket & hop-up parts are made for it.
Most rcer's like to upgrade their rides.

I've done some research and compared parts between this one and some others and they appear to be similar, and nitrorcx website (even though I've read they dont have parts in stock) has a page with all the parts for that model buggy available.

I wont be racing one anytime soon, just starting to get into one as its a little cheaper hobby than running shifter karts (as much as I love being behind the wheel)

I've done some research and compared parts between this one and some others and they appear to be similar, and nitrorcx website (even though I've read they dont have parts in stock) has a page with all the parts for that model buggy available.

I wont be racing one anytime soon, just starting to get into one as its a little cheaper hobby than running shifter karts (as much as I love being behind the wheel)

Replacing tires,upgrading shocks ,clutch parts or even getting another brand engine is one thing.
But when something happens to the diffs or you break a-arms ,wheel hubs or snap a axle is another.
Those are the parts that you need to know about ,is the quality of those parts ,an if they are easy
to be had.

Replacing tires,upgrading shocks ,clutch parts or even getting another brand engine is one thing.
But when something happens to the diffs or you break a-arms ,wheel hubs or snap a axle is another.
Those are the parts that you need to know about ,is the quality of those parts ,an if they are easy
to be had.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/g8xparts.html

Does this cover all the important bits?

I'm just concerned about the negative reviews about nitrorcx. I plan on upgrading to something nicer in about a year after I get into it a little more and discover some of the tracks and places around my area.

After dealing with a kart, I am very meticulous on how I take care of vehichles as many races have been lost by skipping over a part that was about to fail

I'm just concerned about the negative reviews about nitrorcx. I plan on upgrading to something nicer in about a year after I get into it a little more and discover some of the tracks and places around my area.

After dealing with a kart, I am very meticulous on how I take care of vehichles as many races have been lost by skipping over a part that was about to fail

Some of those reviews are probably from people that's never had an rc or don't know how to maintain them!
If your mechanicly incline ,then you should pick up quick on the tricks to run an maintain an rc.

Even when it comes to driving them...Lol...seen people run down companies after they broke a part from
hitting a wall or curb at full speed ,then they complain that they are cheap.

My monster truck you see in my avy is never maintained ,but I do make sure that my engine tune is right an
its not ran too hot.
I bash it hard when I run it ,an the truck has 6 or 7 years of dirt all over it.

So it depends on how well you get to know the car an what its capable of doing!

Awesome, Thanks for your help! Ill do a little more research and decide but you have helped ease some concern over that buggy as an option!
Looking forward to getting into it

Awesome, Thanks for your help! Ill do a little more research and decide but you have helped ease some concern over that buggy as an option!
Looking forward to getting into it

No problem!
When you do decide on getting anything ,don't hesitate to ask any ?'s !
There is some good info here on engine tune & tricks on how to break
your engine in an to perform maintenance to have more longevity of the engine...Good luck!..:thumbs-up:

I'd recommend- due to them not being a well known or well regarded company, and the negative reviews, to stay away and buy something from some known good manufacturers like HPI, Kyosho, Traxxas or Ofna.

I'd recommend- due to them not being a well known or well regarded company, and the negative reviews, to stay away and buy something from some known good manufacturers like HPI, Kyosho, Traxxas or Ofna.
I would of loved and OFNA but i searched and everything in my price range was out of stock, traxxas I've heard is over priced for what you get, but I'll check out the other 2

Traxxas has a bad rap. Yes, they can be somewhat cheaply made, but who leaves anything stock? Remember that they are, generally speaking, an entry level rig. That being said, one of my Stampedes is well over 10 years old. And for the last 6 or 7, it's primary driver has been my oldest son who is now 12.

I don't see the point in spending the money on something that you're interested in modding because it was built cheaply to begin with. Why not invest that money into a way nicer rig to start

I guess all R/C cars have there positive and negatives, the main issue is buying a decent starter that has access to spare parts readily available

@Bailey2324 I completely agree. I was justasking a point. The reason I still have and will continue to have Traxxas stuff is because I can get parts. There's nothing worse to me than having to tell my kids that are only here every other weekend that we're done till next time because I can't get parts locally.

@Bailey2324 I completely agree. I was justasking a point. The reason I still have and will continue to have Traxxas stuff is because I can get parts. There's nothing worse to me than having to tell my kids that are only here every other weekend that we're done till next time because I can't get parts locally.
I completely agree with that thought process, I don't have a decent RC car shop within an 1hr and a half of me, and being in school still I'm not concerned having to order online

Well.. what's your ideal budget? Are you looking specifically at buggy/truggy?

@WVNed recently got a Kyosho FO-XX he seemed pretty happy with...

You might look at the Kyosho Inferno and the HPI Trophy buggies. They are both right around your price range and would have way better parts availability than a no name brand.

That being said, if you like something, don't let anyone else tell you yay or nay. But, around here you'll find guys that don't want someone to drop coin on something there going to get frustrated with and give up the hobby. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't get discouraged by one thing. I've had that happen to me on several occasions, and personally I have given up more times than I can count due to either half assed or flat out wrong information. But since I've been around RCNT, I've only seen that a couple times, and every time it's been dealt with by staff.
And do not be afraid to ask questions. Even on something that may seem trivial.

Last edited:
He is very happy with it. The only problem I've had is that the fasteners are wimpy and as they fall out I replace them. I've run it a lot and nothing broken yet.