New pipe?!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durwank

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I recently got the OS .30 VG engine for my LST and thought it really would be the best engine for that truck. Unfortunately, it seems to be very dificult to keep tuned and is hard to keep from over heating. I'm using the stock LST pipe and am thinking about replacing it with a good, high preformance pipe to try to get some decent power out of the engine. I just got through reading an article in Extreme r/c cars that was about how a tuned pipe would help out most engines.
Anybody have any ideas? Has any of you guys ran the OS 30 VG in a LST? I need some help!

Which "LST" pipe do you have? The LST1 pipe or LST2 pipe?

I run the LST2 pipe (Losi HT pipe) on both my rigs with the LRP28S3 and it does really well.

I did see that someone is selling a JP-3 pipe:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74970

$35 for an $80 pipe... would buy it myself if I needed one. Not sure how it would work on the OS30 though. Hopefully others will pipe up with their results for you.

I know the JP1 made a few engines I've seen run ridiculously better, Mach 427 gold, Mach 427 green/grey and a Losi 26SS. All .26ci engines though. Made a night and day difference with those engines.

It's the LST 1 . Thanks for the advise.

May want to try the LST2 pipe. Can usually be found pretty cheap on ebay. It's a really good all around pipe without breaking the bank. Works far better than the LST1 pipe did.

I might try that.

I think I'm going to try a lst2 tuned pipe, my ritter is effin way too loud

You could also try an Ercm pipe. Works like a buku pipe does but its not spring loaded cone in it http://www.extremercmods.com/.

Little bit pricey though.

Those kind of remind me of the old ritter pipes, at least the side stinger version anyway. Less "banana'y".

Too bad they are so stinking expensive. I really dig the look of that unfinished one at the bottom. Would fit my style quite well, very utilitarian!

Here is a video of it running, enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not sound as loud s I expected vs. the other vids....Defintely sounds sweet!

sounds really nice with the high end band but low rev sounds a bit chopy

Thanks guys, that is a Picco P7R EVO 3 with a race mod and a half gallon on it, far from broken in and even farther from a performance tune. The fact it could pull that rpm without running 300F+ is simply amazing, I'm sure Scrogg can vouch for that lol. Snow was only days away, I either ran it or waited till spring.

Thanks guys, that is a Picco P7R EVO 3 with a race mod and a half gallon on it, far from broken in and even farther from a performance tune. The fact it could pull that rpm without running 300F+ is simply amazing, I'm sure Scrogg can vouch for that lol. Snow was only days away, I either ran it or waited till spring.
I knew it, I actually had typed that almost exactly, then deleted it:hehe:!
I wanted to let you answer and see if I was right......:D