New pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitRo_____BooGiE

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Seems like everybodys been busy bashingwith their savage.Havent seen any NEW pix lately.Hope to get my .26 this week and ill be taking a lot of pix.hope someone can show me how to post those pix too.

Happy bashing fellas.:madface: :D :D

I've got my savage pictures...when it was new, now it's slowly getting dirty

Go on then, here's a couple of mine. . .

SAV02.jpg

SAV01.jpg

Kev.

did you do any mods to that savage or is it stock? if you did any mods what arer they?

Looks like aluminum shock towers, F/R/C skids, adj al upper arms, and a pipe.

Kev, what about the DB's?

Spot on error401 (the pipe is an RB 086), there is a tank guard too. It's got a Hyper 8 port with the HPI/motorsavers air filter now. Just waiting for the arrival of a set of HB Race shocks and a set of Big Joes.
The dogbones are the stock ones :rolleyes: but when they decide to let go they'll get replaced with the HB Megatravels.
It's got an Excursion shell waiting for it too, just needs me to drag the airbrush out. . . .

Kev.

Last edited:
Sweet. Got a Hyper on mine, and the HB big joes, but it's been raining all the time here. Today was a real tease, 8-4:50 sunny and nice, then it started raining again. No go on the Joes...

I'm gonna fab up an aluminum camera mount tonight for my D8 video cam.. I think that it will not want to roll over with the joes, so I'm pretty psyched about some in car video. If it works out, I'll post the links to them. Huhhh huhhh, more stupid stuff from 401.... Lol. Hopefully I'll spot some wildlife.

Nice ride dude, I hope you like the Hyper as much as I am!!

Whitt.

Update: Finished the video deck, check my gallery. If it would just stop friggin raining for a day or two, I'd be happy.

Last edited:
I finally did the Excursion body but I had to use cans 'cos my compressor died :cross: I still have to tint the windows.

img_0559.jpg

img_0560.jpg

The pics don't really show the true colour. It's purple pearl backed with black.

Kev.

OOOoooo. Nice job!! Condolences on the compressor. Does that type of body affect the engine temps? I was thinking about getting the hummer body (H1 not H2) with the full cab.

I'm sure hen could cut a few holes for the tank at the cooling head...

error401, I don't know yet, I've not run it with this body on. I'll let you know when I do. Hopefully it shouldn't need any but you never know. Pain in the butt having to take the body off every time to refuel and start it, but this is the price we pay . . . . :ponder:

Kev.

I think even if you cut holes for the fuel tank its still gonna be a pain to refill it coz its too far down.:transform :beer:

It would be possible to refuel through a side-window I suppose . . . tricky though. A remote glow-lead is another possibility. Shame the Roto-Start doesn't fit the Hyper, although I'm sure someone will come up with an adapter soon! :read:

Kev.

Kev, is that a new Hyper 8? Looks sweet!!! Now get some dirt on it...

I see you got a motor saver filter, but that's not the elbow for the savage. It is the T-Maxx MS filter?

For using canned paint that is a sweet looking lid Kev. Congrats!!!

Whens the set of Big Joes going on that awesome Monster?

Steve

Thanks for all the positive comments! :thumbsup:
Big Joes should be on it anyday now, just waiting for the UK distributors to get the rims in, plenty of tyres, but no rims :doh:

error401 , it's the HPI/MS filter but with an elbow off a stock Dominator filter. I found the one that came with the HPI filter much too small, it made it touch the spur no matter where I tried to position it (apart from right over the pipe!). Seems strange for a filter supplied specifically for a Savage. The Ofna elbow puts it in the ideal spot.
Yep, it's an 8 port all right :devil:

Trucks are allowed to look clean between thrashes :yes:
I'll post some 'dirty' pics for you then, after this weekend, BEFORE I get it all sparkly again.

Kev.

Very cool. I used the exhaust header off of a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec for the elbow. Doesn't seem to harm performance, and puts the filter under the rollbar. You're right about the elbow that comes with the HPI/MS filters. Seems kind of stupid to make it a 90 degree and limit where you can angle it.

Last edited: