NEW DSM System where you don't have to replace your current radio!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Good news for some Radio owners as they can upgrade to this DSM system without replacing the entire radio.

You can upgrade these TX's

JR R-1 and R-1 Pro
Airtronics M-8
KO Propo EX-10 Helios
Futaba 3PK
Hitec Aggressor CRX

http://www.spektrumrc.com

spm.web.product2.jpg

No more crystals or channels to worry about!

that's super badass. One of the guys at my LHS was telling me about it, but I was under the impression he meant a completely new TX. Glad I spent the money on a my 3PK

That looks cool! But I would have to buy a new radio to use it.

Great price!

ETAs and Pricing
Airtronics Early January
Ko Propo January
JR Late January
Futaba/Hitec February

3-Channel Surface System (include transmitter module & receiver) - $159.99
Additional 3-Channel receivers - $79.99

It sounds like it is on the same page as that Nomadio system.I am looking for a new remote I think I would rather have a whole new system than a upgrade to my old one.

Before I make any investment into this new technology I will let the first run of equipment come and go. IMO there is a lot of unexplored features that will be added in the 2nd generation equipment and it will retail for close to the same price. I'm also sure there are bound to be some bugs that will need to be worked out.

FastEddy said:
Before I make any investment into this new technology I will let the first run of equipment come and go. IMO there is a lot of unexplored features that will be added in the 2nd generation equipment and it will retail for close to the same price. I'm also sure there are bound to be some bugs that will need to be worked out.

I am different there, I like to be on the cutting, and sometimes bleeding edge. If I have problems I just demand a replacement.

Too bad it won't be out untill January, or later. I want one now. They will loose potential money not having it out by X-Mas, but if they did release it before then, they might not be able to keep up with the added demand. Hope they aren't all out of stock, and back ordered untill June!

i like the part where my buddy, who works at a LHS, said cost is 100 for the system setup. cost is all we ever pay :smoke:

He probably means the Tx module, and Rx. Thier web site says retail is $169 I think, so $100 is a sweet deal. Order two, and send me one Corrado!

yup tx, and rx package is $100 at my buddies cost. now i just gotta sell my 3PDF and 3PM to get a 3PK.