Which radio set

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niggle

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking for a mid-priced computer steerwheel radio set to replace a very basic twin-stick set on a 1/8th buggy. I have already upgraded to coreless servos and as I'm running a nitro car of a 6V RX pack I guess I don't need a BEC on the RX.

I'm currently looking at three sets:
  • Airtronics (Sanwa here in the UK) MX-3
  • Futaba 3PM
  • Hitec Aggressor CRX
For use in the UK on 40Mhz FM, the synthesised versions are generally not available here.

There doesn't seem to be much between them in terms of specification.

Throttle exponential control would be nice, as would an asymetric split (70/30, 60/40 or whatever) on the brake/throttle trigger. The advertising blurb for these sets is a little unclear as to whether the above sets have these features.

My first radio set was a very basic Sanwa Dash Blazer on 27Mhz AM which was surprisingly glitch free and I have heard some good things about the MX-3 and Aitronics radios in general.

Anyone got any horror stories or other justification as to why I should avoid any of these radios?

Thanks.

I f i can through another the jr sx3 is a really nice radio. Ihave one stock on my storm and love. Just a suggestion.:fro:

Originally posted by xxBanditxx
I f i can through another the jr sx3 is a really nice radio. Ihave one stock on my storm and love. Just a suggestion.:fro:
Thanks for that. Unfortunately JR stuff doesn't seem to be imported into the UK.

I have 2, MX-3's and I think they are great, also the price is the best of the bunch.