need new esc and motor for 1/16 e-revo need help choosing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramos617

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i burned out the esc and motor in my mini revo and i want to knoiw what would be a good replacement hopfully nothing too expensive as long as it will match the stock performance or better i just got into electric rc and i dont really know how to go about picking my esc and motor alll help will be appreciated thanks

For that rig I would recommend the Velinion m by Traxxas. It's the same one used in the mini eRevo VXL and it can be had relatively inexpensively.

+1. The stock esc/motor has more than enough power. And they're water proof. Out of curiosity, how did you fry them?

i dont know i ran it how its supposed to be ran with series connector 23 tooth pinion an 2 stock battery packs an all of a sudden after like 10 minutes the car started smoking an the battery packs were burning up and yea there toast and so is the esc
and i have the brushless e-revo thats the one that got fried what else could i replace it with

did you movethe motor on it's mount at all?

when you do make sure the truck can roll smoothly...it sounds like you might have had something binding in the drive line creating heat / too high of a load....sheck all the wires you keep for nics...look for small black "burn marks as well, that will tell you if it shorted out somewhere....setting your gear mesh improperly can cause similar results if you aren't careful....

i did set the mess correctly but maybe it moved thats what I'm thinking happened because everything was set perfect and wires and everything in perfect condition no burned wires

You can burn the ESC up by running too much voltage. The Traxxas ESCs aren't supposed to be run using a pair of 2s or 3s LiPos in series.

As long as the motor is tightened properly, it shouldn't move. I put a touch of locktite on the screws as soon as I got mine just to make sure.

i didnt use lipos u used 2 stock 6 cell nimh batterys and idk what happened but i have another stock esc on the way but I'm only going to run it in parallel if i use 2 batteries

You could always step down a couple of teeth on the pinion if you want to run in series and not worry. Just make sure to keep an eye on the temps. My buddies been running his mini revo on 2 duratrax 1600 nimhs in a series ever since he has had it. With the speed pinion, but only on the street. He got his as soon as they came out. Maybe you got a faulty esc/motor. Pretty unlikely, but it sure isn't impossible.

yea thats probably what iima do but i heard that the stock esc's arnt very durable

Back