NEED HELP WIRH THUNDER TIGER SSR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanbradley

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I'm new here and I'm hoping to find help I bought a thunder tiger ssr nitro car off my friend and as soon as I start the engine it just wants to take off like if I start with wheels off the floor they go like to full throttle but I've got my idle gap In my carb set to like 1mm or less and it still wants to take off and I've tried countless things is there anything to suggest I can upload a video if needed

Is the engine revving to full throttle or is it just the wheels spinning at start up?

If it's just the wheels then check the clutch spring and make sure it isn't broken.

A 1mm gap doesn't assure the proper RPM. If your LSN is too lean it might also rev high, also causing an overheat. We need a little more info, and yes, a video would be great to help us troubleshoot the problem.

I'll get a video up asap showing all the compentents and also the start up
A 1mm gap doesn't assure the proper RPM. If your LSN is too lean it might also rev high, also causing an overheat. We need a little more info, and yes, a video would be great to help us troubleshoot the problem.

This is the idle gap I'll have to put the a video on tomorrow but pretty much as soon as I start it the revs go up and the wheels just start going and going faster and faster and doesn't stop

And also I can't seem to find any LSN on this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 326
Again, the idle gap doesn't guarantee the proper idle, but is just a starting reference. You know where the HSN and the idle adjustment screw is? This is the usual spot for the LSN...
Carb.jpg

My carb looks nothing like that mate I don't think it's got a LSN

My carb looks nothing like that mate I don't think it's got a LSN
Yours is a rotary carb (Which means the slide isn't pulled out to allow more air in, its rotated)- and I can assure you that it will have a LSN. As for your issue, it sounds like your centrifugal clutch is worn or the springs snapped.
Rotary-Carb21.jpg
-and as you can see, it's on the end of the puller for the rotating slide, like on a slide carb, at the end of the slide, where it is pulled.

Who is the manufactuer of the engine? At one time back in the early 2000s Traxxas made a single needle engine can't remember if it was a rotary carb or not.

If you are running the pro 12BK here is the manual for it click on the adobe icon to download it and it does have a LSN.

http://stock.thundertiger.com/product/9459.html

Last edited:
Thanks guys do you know where I can get the parts I need? As lll order them

Thanks guys do you know where I can get the parts I need? As lll order them
You don't need to buy anything, once you've checked you're centrifugal clutch, by following this tutorial HERE on how to remove the clutch, you can check whether you'rs are worn or damaged. You also need to clean the whole thing, do a tear down, inspect everything and all that. Did you find the LSN in the end?