My New Duratrax DX 450 Dirt Bike.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
found one at one of the LHS' around my place. Got it out the door for a great price. less than i could buy it online for, even after discounts and free shipping.

stil have to do some of the mods. i already swapped the front forks around. need to open the rear wheel and get at the gyro, and do the few tweeks back there.

so ill be spending the rest of the evening reading and looking and inspecting to get this thang setups and ready to go.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

what kind of surprised me is this 2.4 Tatic radio is running of off 4 AAs. thought it would of taken 8.

off to read and wrench.

spent last night and this am going over some things on the bike. want to get it into a better spec and setup before i take it for its first run.

I ll do a rundown of all that I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and include info and pics as i go along.

so anyone else have one yet?

Looks pretty nice! I saw these in the Tower catalog but haven't heard much about them.

I look forward to seeing your progress with the mods and it's first run.

You're killing me timmah, I've rode bikes since I was 6 years old, I want one of these SO bad. Congrats on the purchase man, looking forward to the progress. From what I've seen, they scoot pretty darn good and have amazing balance.

They are freakishly big! I saw one at my LHS next to a baja 5T and that truck didn't make it look small like it does with other rigs.

I read the review from XRC about it. Seemed like they enjoyed it quite a bit. They said the nerf bars busted very easily, so you may want to look into upgrading that to something before running.

Nice man, glad to see you swapped the forks around. I wondered about that in the pics, and why they would ship them that way. That thing is MUCH bigger than I though it would be.

just wondering, the brushless motor they put in the bike, is it a specified size motor or can you put in different types?

looks nice, but i'm waiting on reviews for the new Venom bike.

its a 450 sized motor. so any typical 1/10th motor will work. I'm runnig a Feigao 4643kv, but a CC 4600kv, or a 5700 kv would also work. 3S would be smoking quick.

I've dont quite a bit of mods to it, but havent had much of a chance to run and test yet.

i ll be buying a 2nd one to keep stock to have one to compare too.

the new Venom looks pretty promising, but its venom, and i have some quality concerns out of the box? in my previous experience, Vemon stuff is only ok.

hey just wondering does it take a regular stick pack type battery

Back