my home made micro jump

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGT8.0owner

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hey guys i got bored of just driving my micro-dt around in circles in the house so i decide to have some fun with the lil thing lol...i had a spare plastic pacage from something i bought for my ps3..hdmi cable i do belive lol...any way i cut it up a lil and made a pretty sweet lil jump for the micro..

here are some pics..sorry if it's hard to see..it's clear lol:
Picture035.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture039.jpg

heres a couple of pics with the micro-dt on it so you can get a general size:
Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

what do you guys think???

thats cool i did one with a cardboard box cut up for my rc18t it is fun to mess with

Sweet little ramp, if you want to make it easier to see just shoot the inside of it with some lexen paint.

not bad for an inside jump....

lol not to rain on your parade, but find a local town owned skate park.. they are starting to pop up everywhere to "keep kids off the streets"....lol the 1/18th stuff is purely a blast there.. Spee-d and I spent more time at the skate park than the sand dunes with the bigger stuff.. SOOO MUCH FUN!!

--->especially when you have enough parts to rebuild a fleet of trucks....lol

ya....the town here just spent $1 000 000 on building a skate park..i don't know if they would want these running there though..

and this isn't a mini..it's a micro..

looks like a good little jump but on a different note, what happened to your foot?

looks like a good little jump but on a different note, what happened to your foot?

thanks...and one of my friends accidentily triped me at school and i fell backwards and just the way i landed cause we were on a hill i rolled a lil or what ever and hit it the wrong way and the leg itself broke....

the good thing is the cast comes off on thursday..:D

That little truck's cool lookin'. I hope your buddy's been running after your roll overs for ya!

If you have a brushless set up you should have all the power you need for the skate park. I have one here not too far from me and it's almost never in use early in the day. So I get to have fun and break things. Glad to hear that the cast is coming off. They're misable in the summer. I had all summer a long time ago and nearly crazy with the itching.

Last edited:
That looks like a nice little ramp for a 1:36 scale. I built a 1:18 scale ramp a few years ago but it's just about too big for micros. My DT just bounces bad when I land off that ramp. If I had oil shocks it might be better. Can you get some vid?

when i get my parts i will get a vid...i have a vid of it going off the bigger jump i made outa a 6x6 and 1/8 inch plywood...just need to get it uploaded

We built a carpet track inside one of my buddies shops for slash's but minis and micros are a blast in there as well

yeah the smaller stuff is definitly fun to run.. or at least cheaper to repair... hahaha the name of the game with us is to see who can make it cartwheel the longest! lmao! but we run 1/18th scale.. never seen a 1/36th scale.. thing must be tiny! like you can run it on the kitchen table!! lol

yeah the smaller stuff is definitly fun to run.. or at least cheaper to repair... hahaha the name of the game with us is to see who can make it cartwheel the longest! lmao! but we run 1/18th scale.. never seen a 1/36th scale.. thing must be tiny! like you can run it on the kitchen table!! lol

Small size, HUGE fun. With lipo power and an aftermarket can they'll run somewhere around 30mph, and wheelies like mad.

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

wow that thing is tiny! at top speed, is it unstable? 2 or 4 wd? how durable?

i would imagine the fun-o-meter being pegged on it! especially brushless! going to do some research!

wow that thing is tiny! at top speed, is it unstable? 2 or 4 wd? how durable?

i would imagine the fun-o-meter being pegged on it! especially brushless! going to do some research!

It's stable, but touchy at top speed. Then again, how much do you run around WFO? No need for brushless on these, just get the atomic bbv2 motor for $15. Trust me, at this size it's plenty fast enough. If you go brushless, it's gonna set you back about $150 or more. It's pretty durable as well. This and my Slash battle it out for my favorite RC.

Sorry for the threadjack MGT.

Back