My bathroom remodeling project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks rolex, but i think all this work is giving me a hernia.

Got the shower tile done.
20130802_191555.jpg

I need some advice with this one. I can't decide if i should put the top tile under the glass, or match the other three side that the blue arrows are pointing at. What do you guys think..
2013-08-02193648.png

Do the same all the way around so it looks like a frame. You might even want to consider running a border of bull nose tiles all the way around.

Thats the problem, bull nose is not available for this tile. Grout should cover it up some. Thanks for your imput, this job took as much thought as it did physical work. I'm glad all i do all day is zap people.:hehe:

I have to say it looks really good, and I've done quite a few tile jobs in my day. You might also consider using edging tiles in a coordinating color to clean the edges as well as enhance the look.

These are not the colors you want, but this is what I'm referring to. Really completes the look. Those outside corner caps are also available for inside corners, 45 and 90 degrees, if needed.

p_SCT_026_04.jpg

Last edited:
Finaly finished. All new plumbing, new subfloor in floor heating.
20130809_190004.jpg

20130809_190033.jpg

Wow, that's a really beautiful job...well, except for that green tape. :D
What did you use to run the border in the shower?

Came out nice. I should have done that instead of a new tub.

Wow, that's a really beautiful job...well, except for that green tape. :D
What did you use to run the border in the shower?

Thanks guys.
The tape is a new modern touch.. :D
The border, if your referring to the bark brown, is glass and granite blocks. The border around the recessed box is the same tile thats on the wall. When i cut the tile i found the center had a similar gray that matched the paint on the walls so i used it as a border and i got lucky.. The border around the outside tile is a product called schulter. All in all the job came out great.

Back