Motor Break in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacks9930

Vroom Vroom Beep Beep
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I don’t know about you guys but I suck at breaking in motors. I tend to want to dive them too hard too soon.

So what I want to do is to build a test stump for breaking in a motor. I have a plan on how to build one but I need to find a programmable module to operate the throttle.

Does anyone know where I can find something like that or a brand name?

i like the idea.. What about using a servo and remote?

Do you really need to make, or buy one.
Take the wheels off/jack it up off the surface, set the throttle trim so that the wheels turn at a decent speed( not crazy fast). Make yourself a drink, sit back and enjoy for 5-10min.
Charge batteries back up and boosh, job done.

The plan was to have a fly wheel for a load and a servo attached to a computer that would operate the throttle. The computer would be preprogrammed to obtain the proper break in procedure.

Seems a bit spendy and overkill IMHO. I always throw old tires on and just break it in on the street/driveway in front of the house.

I know it is not practical but it is more about, can I, then should I. If I can find the parts without spending more then $300 I will probly give it a go.

I think it is cool i mean we like to tinker with our rcs this is like tinkering with computers and rcs would be a cool project

there's also some chargers that have the motor break in option. i might ask about that, i still run brushed.

Back