mini-t fastest motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagelover12

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want a faster motor for my mini-t but i dont want the mamba because i dont want to buy a new radio and stuff, and i just want a motor that i can just drop in. i was think about the peak raider or trinity mass termination?. which is the fastest?? or best

Last edited:
I've talked to a few people and they said the Chubby is pretty quick too.

you don't need a new radio to use the Mamba brushless.................

RustlerDood said:
you don't need a new radio to use the Mamba brushless.................

to use the Mamba you need to replace the stock receiver/esc combo witha normal receiver... technically, no you don't have to buy a new radio but you do need to buy a new receiver.. so if you wanna stay with AM you could if you wanted to.

Lessen,

Thanks for the clarification...I should have been more clear.

Regards,

Rustler

com on guys tell methe fastest motor i have 50 bucks and I'm going to da hobby shop in 2 hours to pick one up!!

So how is this motor on efficiency Gill, I always enjkoy your posts. You seem to have quite a bit of knowledge on electrics.. glad your sticking around the forums :D

I picked up a Orion Baja.. any idea if the timing can be changed on this motor...

Also if your LHS doesn't stock the motor Gill's speaking about look at this chart for ones they do stock..

http://www.one18th.com/MotorSpecs.php

Thanks man, glad you're still here too. Aww, let's hug haha jk.

My problem is I can't stay still. I get one thing and do everything I can to learn everything about it and then after spending all of my extra cash I move onto something else and the process just keeps repeating itself. I've been all over the place from onroad to buggies, trucks and MT's to fast electric (FE) boats (wood and ABS) to nitro airboats to now the micros.

Like I said, my latest thing is the 1/18's. I got a killer deal on a hooked up MRS4 started racing it, then picked up the 18t. Now I'm broke again LOL.

I've run the Speed 300's and the S-280. The S-280 pulls harder on the low end and turns higher rpms for more top speed. Runtime was just about the same between the 2, I really couldn't tell a difference in that. Now, for the best part, the S-280 is cheaper! The timing on it is not adjustable, but to tell you the truth I've never had the want to adjust it. It really is a great running motor and IMO for the money it's unbeatable.

In the picture on Tower it shows a sticker on the can, the ones my HS sells don't have the sticker on it, it's just a shiny black can (which is cool because then people guess what you have). Ohh yeah, you'll find the S-280 in the section with the airplane motors, not the micro motors. Shh, it'll be our little secret :no_commen .

Reading the description on Tower, the Orion Baja is a closed endbell motor, meaning the timing on it is not adjustable.

Welll I found out two of my cells weren't charged.. I run 6 Nihm aa's only four putting out voltage will really slow you down.. can't wait to get the VMG back together to test it out with 6 fully charged ones..

BTW hows the 18t? I love the mini giant for cruising through tall grass it doesn't get stuck anywhere. Hows the 18-t for offroad? With the VMG at $75.75 now from rushrc the 18-t seems really spendy..if it did well for bashing off road I might look into it

i think I'm gonna go for the s-280 ,but will it fit in the stock motor holes or do i have to drill them out?? nad do i have to soder termanoles or will the two wires slip into the 2 plug things?? ( i just want dont want to soder and mess anything up)

Savagelover, due to other things being connected to the terminals, you'll have to solder your own wires on there. It's not hard, if you need help just ask! Once you do it once or twice, there's nothing to it.

what is the best motor for a mini quake I'm going to be racing so any help would be great thanks curtis

Back