MGT Neccesities

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsez

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so people-- after having this truck for some time-- what do u think are the biggest weak spots-- and what neccesities are there that have to be changed from stock---all hop-ups welcomed

Shocks and body mounts are weak along with the control arms. I had to drain the stock shock fluid and replace it with a heavier weight silicone to adequately dampen the truck. The body mount posts will break if you flip or roll the truck over on it's lid. The control arms are very thin compared to my savage and I hope that rpm comes out with replacements soon. Otherwise make sure that you've got an extra one way and glow plug.

hmmmmmmm

I've noticed that if you lower the body mounts to the first hole they dont break as easy, of course if you do that then theres more of a chance of you cracking the shock tower, if the body mounts are higher up the mount willl break before the shock tower. Hope that is easy to under stand also the front bumper is pretty weak especially the chrome extension parts. The bumper and brace set is also pretty hard to find in stock so I guesss I'm not the only one breaking them.

so far i realized the weakest links on this truck are the dogbones(drive-axles)-- all 4 of mine have bent already-- i have cracked lower arms but not completely broke yet-- i am in the process of trying to bulletproof this baby -- but i am a serious basher only-- the highest jumps and the biggest crashes-- so i am supposed to break poop--

The weak spots are the damn CVA drive pins as with the universals bending. I don't use the stupid bumper extensions as they ALWAYS break for me. I just use the Bumper and brace. I am still looking to upgrade the shock set up. I might go with integy MSR5's and get a spring set.

i have huge problems with the turnbuckles and drive-axles-- they all bent on me-- i am waiting for my lunsford linkage kit to get here to upgrade that part of it-- bumpers are weak but very cheap to replace so i dont care about them-- and the shocks def do suck--

Yeah I went ahead and just replaced the turnbuckles with the Lusford titanium ones. No p[rb now. Pretty smart upgrade

def a smart upgrade-- if they bend or break send em back to them a receive a new one free-- can't beat that deal

Back