MGT Information needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgalbo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have someone wanting to trade me a MGT says it has a .26 picco he claims to be the 2nd owner bought it 5 years ago and hopped it up see the pics below any idea what a good price is? He also says it runs fine. Wants $600

Attachments

• mgt.jpg
    mgt.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG00134-20120212-2215.jpg
    IMG00134-20120212-2215.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 154
Be careful. Pics are a little blurry but it appears to have Integy shocks and maybe even Integy suspension arms/chassis. 3 nono's in alot of peoples opinions. (Sorry I know nono is not a word :)) $600 is definitely a little pricey IMO (Not that it counts:)). I do love the 4.6 MGT. Its my favorite MT. You mentioned trading. What would you be giving up?

A 2011 Roketta Scooter 49.9 cc 224 miles on it.

Dont know what theyre worth but I would imagine you could get about the same for your scooter. Theres alot of aftermarket in the truck so it may be a fair trade but only you can make that decision. I worry about Integy but so dont alot of other people. Quality is a poor selling point for them.

my opinon I would not trade for anything that has alum a arms they break or bend and either way $$ plastic is cheper and in most casses i think more practical for a arms.roll cage is cool .

pfft you can replace the alum with plastic stuff for next to nothing, thats a silly reason not to buy a truck, as far as the arms go anyways. i personally wouldn't get this truck because you can get new-in-box trucks for less with more going on. i'm not going to list any because then the trolling begins. but you get what i mean.

Ya, whats the big deal with the aluminum arms? He didn't pay for them so if they break or bend there is no lose to him. All he needs to do is ditch them for some RPM arms.

While I wouldn't say don't buy it because of the aluminum arms I wouldn't call it a selling point either. Aluminum doesn't flex. It just bends, cracks, and eventually breaks. Not a big selling point IMO. But you guys are right with the RPM stuff. All high quality and guaranteed for life against breakage. How can you go wrong with that?

Back