Mamba 8000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2bash

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want 2 upgrade my rc18t 2 the mamba 8000 but, I dont know what all I have 2 do. Like new radio and servo :shrug: I just don't know can any body please give up there info. :doh: I want this thang to be out of controll-fast. What other upgrades do I need? :marshall:

Last edited:
it will go in without any other upgrades because the rc18t doesn't use the esc\rec unit that the mini-t uses.... and i have one and love it its sooo damn fast..

by some extra diff gears because the 8000 has so much power it will rip through the gears literally....I have one as well. You just need the Comp X package and be done with it! Drop that bad boy in the car and hook up a li-poly and be prepared for the speed!

do they make upgrades for diff gears? like different materials?

hey did any of you put 1 in a mini quake and if so will it tear ang gears let me know thanks curtis

my lhs told me yesterday that I needed 2 get a new servo and a radio. But I have also been told just the mamba x will be all I need to buy. I still don't know what to do? I need more info for you guys that has bought an brushless for an rc 18, what you had 2 and did't have 2 upgrade. Thax everyone for your in put. :smoke:

Last edited:
You don't need a new servo or radio, the one that the truck came with will work just fine. Your LHS is wrong. You just need the motor and speed control. You don't need to buy extra diff gears either, you just need to shim the diff gears....but shimming the diff is something that needs to be done out of the box, not because of the Mamba.

You should also put some outdrive retainers on your outdrives, otherwise your dogbones will pop out pretty regularly. Check the other RC18T threads here in the 1/18 forums and you should find some pretty good info on some things to do to make your truck more durable and fun to run.

Have fun!

yeah the LHS is wrong you just need the Mamba Comp. X Package with the 8000Kv motor....I mention buying the diff gears because when you have a 11.1v 2450 Mah Li-poly in the RC18T the power the brushless puts out is nothing short of crazy.......

Thank you all for you info. I thought my lhs was trying 2 get more money out of me 2. Do you think I need 2 buy metal dogbones? Tower has a set for $10 a pair.

mamba Comp. X /ESC is all you need...

To start,stronger more durable drivetrain and gears would help.If you are not a basher who beats his truck like BYT you should be fine with just the Mamba/ESC combo.And get Deans connectors(bettery pack/ESC,ditch the junky standard connectors).

I use Trinity's pinions with my Mambas on the Mini-T Pro and IB Spyder.So far so good,but I have not yet let the Mamba do what it does best when pushed near its limits.This summer I will know how well the trucks hold up and what parts go first.

Back