Luke's Dual I-Beam 3D printed RC PreRunner.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
got some pics to start.
the Chassis: (missing the front I-beams, gotta buy some screws to get the front suspension mounted)

IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG

and the body:​

IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG

this is a rear-drive design, ill be running a 2s battery on brushed to start, might move up to 2s brushless if i feel like it. this truck is more realism than performance.
Stay tuned!

What kinds of Rc brands will you be using??
not sure so far, i have 2 XL-5 ESCs sitting around, so those will get used up. ill have to pick up a new motor. i havent had the best experience with Titan 12T motors. Any better brushed motors out there? ill swap the connecter on the XL-5 to a EC5 so i can use a better 2S than traxxas 'power cell'.

not sure so far, i have 2 XL-5 ESCs sitting around, so those will get used up. ill have to pick up a new motor. i havent had the best experience with Titan 12T motors. Any better brushed motors out there? ill swap the connecter on the XL-5 to a EC5 so i can use a better 2S than traxxas 'power cell'.
Looks like a fun project. Can't wait for the outcome.

I had good luck with rc4wd and axial $10 motors on 3s. Ran them in my 10.2 through all kinds of conditions.

lol how much longer?
well, i have to get some screws and such to get it put together, then i have to round up electronics, then i have to find out a way to mount the body, then i have to get some bearings. this build is far from done. figure about a month from now.

Back