lst2 wheelstanding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbojangles

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how do you get a LST2 to wheel stand off the mark?
upgrade engine? if so what engine do i use?
thanks

i upgraded the exhaust and i can wheelie no problem also you could get the lrp spec3 engine i have one on order should be in anyday it is a power house.go look at the vidio in the for sale section ssmaxxin has one for sale and it screams wheelies no problem he has the lrp spec 3 engine
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56819

thanks mate il see how i go.was that a 28 lrp?

In the interim, you could try getting an FOC and different clutch. Possibly check your slipper for excess slippage.

The FOC removes reverse and a lot of iron in the trans.

My aftershock would wheelie with minimal effort and the stock engine. It lacked reverse and high/low range in the trans.

Running HPI savage teflon shoes/springs will give you much better low end grunt. The stock shoes/springs make the clutch engage very late in the RPM range. Much too late for my taste.

Tune it properly first and foremost. The Mach 427 is a great engine, it has no problem wheeling a LST.
Check the condition of the clutch, make sure it is clean and not glazed.
Set the slipper per the manual.

Tune it properly first and foremost. The Mach 427 is a great engine, it has no problem wheeling a LST.
Check the condition of the clutch, make sure it is clean and not glazed.
Set the slipper per the manual.

How tight do you have clutch? I have mine 1/4 turn out from fully tight.

if all you want to do is wheelies then the lrp z.28R spec 3 is for you...

close to 4 horse power...

when mine was about at the end of its life and was horribly tuned almost to the point that it wouldnt run anymore because i was on my 6th gallon which is a decent life it was still poppin up the front end of my lst...

but it is alot of power and the front end likes to come up alot

also be careful on buying the lrp because at alot of the main hobby sites for buying stuff the rebuild for it is unavailable and it is discontinued on lrp's website so it may be comin to a short end here on the rebuilds... but there are many other alternatives

but yes get the lrp if you can... it is the best engine for the amount of money you spend on the market right now....

i currently am beating the crap out of my axial .28 spec 1s just waiting so i can put my lrp back in with my fresh rebuild and go.

Hey Mate

Hey Mate,
I've got it wheelstanding just a bit of a bottom end tune it's mad.
Any of you guys from Australia? Where do you get all the hop up's?
Who's geniune to deal with?

i dunno about the mach 27 in the lst but my 26 wont wheelie. i heard it will with a ht pipe and lighter wheels. it acts like it ready to wheelstand though when i peg it off the line it really compresses the rear and picks up the front. heavier rear springs might help too

i dunno about the mach 27 in the lst but my 26 wont wheelie. i heard it will with a ht pipe and lighter wheels. it acts like it ready to wheelstand though when i peg it off the line it really compresses the rear and picks up the front. heavier rear springs might help too

hey starion
iv worked out every standard lst/lst2 etc will wheelstand off the mark iv learnt they must be tuned to hammer off the mark slipper needs to be petty tight brought a brand new lst2 was a total dog within about 10 mins of tuning it was wheelying the whole street my lst1 is total standard except diffs,motor brace and it does it to done bottom end screw in half a turn and up she pulls
thanks for all ya guys help.
so from now on every losi truck should have no excuse if you want to wheely
tune your truck properly and it will!!:yes:

Back