lst2 brake bind

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi guys , got the lst2 out for a spank in the park . problem is the brakes started to bind . also have a grinding noise . have got new perfofmance pads in and have loosend the brake leaver off . am suspecting diff probs any ideas ?

I know this is old, but did you get it resolved? I had a similar issue on my Aftershock.
well what was the problem so if my lst2 does the same i know what to look for :mex: thanx jetman ps right now my lst2 has issues seems like i have an air leak not running right replaced all the fuel line gasket on the tank resealed my carb still not the same any ideas:shuteye:

well what was the problem so if my lst2 does the same i know what to look for :mex: thanx jetman ps right now my lst2 has issues seems like i have an air leak not running right replaced all the fuel line gasket on the tank resealed my carb still not the same any ideas:shuteye:
well thanx for nothing:dumb:

alright anyways i also understand this is old!!!

but brakes binding means that your pads need to be worn in #1
but for the binding aftershocks do this alot you need to buy a new outdrive cup because eventually the brake discs no longer become stable and flop around on the outdrive cup because it wears down!!!

try that
and also adjust your linkages to your brakes because when i dis that and replaced my outdrive cup my aftershock was fine and i still have no had problems!!!!

hope this one helps!

lmk

Mine never didn't bind on my aftershock. During break-in even. It just progressively got worse.

I ended up going with a CF disk and high torque t/b servo (170oz). Stops on a dime all day long now. I actually backed it off a bit so as to not stress the diffs and axles so much. Good brakes are hard on diffs.