Losi Eight 3.0 Buggy vs. Losi Eight 3.0 Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats up guys going to be buying my first truggy or buggy. I've decided I'm going to be getting the losi eight 3.0. I was set of the 3.0 and was going to order it when I seen that they are releasing updated truggy version of the 3.0. I think I'm still leaning towards the buggy but I would just like some opinions on buggy vs truggys. been in the hobby for years now but always been a monster truck fan. Anyways any input will be greatly appreciated thanks.

If you're a MT guy you'd probably prefer the truggy, it'll be able to handle the rougher terrain a bit better than a buggy. What are you looking to do, race or bash?

I wont be racing it I just want a different style truck to mess with but I do a lot of street driving. they don't seem to be to much different besides the gearing and tire size. Like I said I want something different then a monster truck and a truggy is more like a monster truck that sit lower to the ground. so I'm tinking if I want a completely different driving experience to go with the buggy.

Both Buggy's and Truggy's are really meant for racing. You'll get the most joy out of them at a track. Especially at that price range. Truggy is literally a hybrid between a MT and Buggy, giving you larger wheels and wider stance than a buggy, but with a lower CG and faster gearing than a MT among a few other key differences. If you do a lot of street driving, get a more street orientated car, or get a buggy, drop it low to the ground with some street only tires, and harden the suspension a bunch.

For what it's worth, if you are going to mainly drive it on the street, have you considered an on-road car? I say this because both those vehicles you are considering are designed for off-road. You would most likely get more for what you are looking for with an on-road vehicle. Or--perhaps a lower-end buggy or truggy. The difference would be how it handles off-road (as that defines those two classes). If, however, you are decided on one of those - I say go with a buggy! Do yourself a favor, though, and take it somewhere you can jump it (or build a simple ramp). Then you'll really see something different compared to a MT. ;-)

I will be driving off road also think I'm gonna go with the buggy i can always change the gearing an put some bigger tires if i wanted. Yup going with the eight 3.0 buggy I've wanted it awhile now and I'm sticking with it maybe my next one will be a truggy. Thats all i really will need i like to have each type of vehicle. Got the lst xxl, savage x, jato, slayer, an my new buggy on the way can't wait for the nice weather

I will be driving off road also think I'm gonna go with the buggy i can always change the gearing an put some bigger tires if i wanted. Yup going with the eight 3.0 buggy I've wanted it awhile now and I'm sticking with it maybe my next one will be a truggy. Thats all i really will need i like to have each type of vehicle. Got the lst xxl, savage x, jato, slayer, an my new buggy on the way can't wait or the nice weather

That's awesome. You will absolutely love it. Yep....it's going to be a whole lot different than MT. ;-) Like I said, want to see them at their best? Jump it. And you know you are getting extreme quality and durablity with Losi 1/8 nitro buggys. f:cheers:

Last edited:
And if you ever decide you don't like it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands at a deep discount ;) I can't afford a Losi at the moment

Buggy vs. truggy

Easiest way to put it is that truggies are faster on big tracks, easier to drive, easier to jump and generally more capable in a bashing role than a buggy due to their larger tires

Buggies are, however, a bit more durable on account of shorter, stouter arms/links, and smaller wheels that will generate less torque on things when they impact (simple geometry & force calculations easily demonstrate how this works; simply put, it's a matter of leverage).

Back