Labor Day Shed Jump

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sorry this is not a short course truck jump,but it was requested that I post this. I think you'll find it enjoyable though :thumbup:

Note: I copied the original post from my home on the web - RCNitroTalk.com

First a little history. Some of you will remember that a couple of years ago I made post with some pics of my trying to jump my 10'x12' storage shed with my Savage. We made it easily with a CEN Matrix Buggy but success was limited with my Savage 25. Well I promised I would do it again and have video but things happen,I moved and the video never was.

Now I don't have a storage shed but there is one across the street and I've been eyeing it for a while now. And now I also happen to have a nice big ramp,much better than was used a couple of years ago.

Fast forward to Labor Day 2009. We had beautiful weather on Labor Day here is SW Missouri. So I posed the question to my neighbor and told her what I would like to do. Her answer, "Well I don't suppose I would object but on one condition. I want to watch!"

So now the jump is on! I set the ramp up and right away I saw it wouldn't work as is. It was made more for a distance jump but the shed was much higher and I could tell from the angle off the ramp I needed more height. So I stuffed 2 4x4s under the front launch end. That looks good!

I grabbed the wife and handed her the camera. Then my son and I got out the Savage and prepped it for the jump. It's time for the show!
I don't want give away anything so I'll explain more details after the video.

Well that first jump really sucked didn't it? The truck was running really rich and being lazy,I just left it alone. Then when I was ready I had to wait for a car. That's why I didn't edit it out at the first of the video. When I went to go the truck had loaded up bad! It didn't clear up until it was too late and,well, you saw the result. Splat!

Take 2. The rx pack died before I could even make the 2nd attempt. I swapped it out and decided I should tune it bit better. It was running so rich the temp was staying under 180F.
With it tuned better I thought this would be an easy jump. I started in the grass,drove off the curb then nailed the throttle. It was close but it clipped the ridge.

Take 3. I knew I need more of a run now but I was worried about getting out shape coming off the curb. I started farther back but still was bit easy on the throttle until I was off the curb. As you have seen, the result was the same as take 2.

Take 4. Ok,time to just do it. This time I was back by the porch of the neighbors house. I took of a bit easy for a couple of feet to make sure I was going straight then hit WOT! Off the curb,hit the ramp and Success!

Take 5. Knowing I could do it now,everyone wanted to see it again. I knew it was low on fuel but I need to please my public right? So away I go running out of fuel as I'm heading up the ramp.

Man that was a lot of fun! I wish I had a good paved run at it,I'd try it lengthwise. I could run at it from the left side but then I risk landing hard in the street sop that's not going to happen.

Carnage you ask? Nope! I popped a steering link loose once,just snapped it back over the ball. Also a link on the rear,same fix. That was it,she's ready for more.

I hope you all enjoyed the vid! Thanks for watching! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice :thumbup1: thanks for posting.

cool jump for sure....

Back