Keep these for tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Clorox or Lysol wipes thingys
Perfect for 2.2 10th scale buggy wheel n tires.

PXL_20231220_212137659.jpg

PXL_20231220_212121890.MP.jpg

Great tip David. Thanks. Looking at them they may accept SCT diam. tires as well?

2.2's here in a cardboard container.

View attachment 177375

View attachment 177376
The Clorox one could fit a SCT wheel, but with a tire mounted, no, just a little too big.
I knew I should have saved those reusable tire bags that the tires come in new.
I have more buggy tires than anything else so I'm good now, and plus that's what I mainly race.

Yeah, reuseable resealable tire bags seem a thing of the past. Hang onto them if you got 'em. I have a few and use them for my mounted SCT and MT tires. Both JC and P-L have stopped providing resealable. Oh well. Means us minions in the hinterlands have to come up with creative storage methods.

Your method of storing tires works better for transporting in the pit bag or gear bag than my cardboard. My tires usually stay in the shop unless mounted to a RC. Was never sure about sealed storing? Wondering if manu's did it because they were unsure of how long their tires would sit on the shelf prior to sale or if there is any real longevity or performance benefit to storing them sealed?

'AC'

Idk. Now I'm going to store my buggy tires in the wipe containers. And the SCT MT and ST tires in my old cooler.

PXL_20231220_225708581.MP.jpg

PXL_20231220_225732967.jpg

PXL_20231220_230006330.jpg

Your method of storing tires works better for transporting in the pit bag or gear bag than my cardboard. My tires usually stay in the shop unless mounted to a RC. Was never sure about sealed storing? Wondering if manu's did it because they were unsure of how long their tires would sit on the shelf prior to sale or if there is any real longevity or performance benefit to storing them sealed?
@bill_delong might be able to answer that