Slash 4x4 tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brady Matthews

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
I have a slash 4x4 that has a castle brushless 3s motor and it keeps blowing out the tires, what is the best brand of tires that would hold up to the motor?

I have a slash 4x4 that has a castle brushless 3s motor and it keeps blowing out the tires, what is the best brand of tires that would hold up to the motor?
Currently I have JConcepts sprinters on mine. I was using it on an outdoor clay track but I got a T6.4 in the works that’s going to replace the slash. A couple weeks ago I had it out in my buddy’s 20 acre farm field. And they held up fine against my castle setup on 3s. Full throttle runs corner to corner for a couple packs.

I dont know of any tires that will handle a 3 cells power..belted or not you will still Blow them Apart...

Prolines are the best. I bought the wheels with the interchangeable hubs. I went with metal. Pricey though. No need for belted on 3s. JMHO.
20231228_204400_resized.jpg
20231228_204411_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda depends what you're looking for. I went with the same size. Want over sized? Get 6 packs. I did not want a monster truck tire on my Slash. That's why I have this. And that. :cool:
20221212_113015_resized_9.jpg

Last edited:
Proline makes a set of trenchers pretty close to the stock size. That's what I'm running on mine currently and they have made it a couple years so far on a 3s castle motor.

Proline makes a set of trenchers pretty close to the stock size. That's what I'm running on mine currently and they have made it a couple years so far on a 3s castle motor.
Ok that was very helpful with my search. I will try them. Thanks!

I've never ran paddle tires on an RC. Is that for snow? Used to use them on dirtbikes when riding dunes but never rc

Back