just got whipped by an e-rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwasson

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a tmaxx 3.3 and my buddys got a little rustler I used to smoke him and then he got some vennillion brushless motor or something like that... hes not even running lipos and he smoked me bad! its way fast! is there anything I can do to keep up? I'm pissed:angry::angry::(

You will pretty much have to take him where 4wd and suspension are necessary. It would probably take a lot of $ to upgrade your 3.3 to pull like the vxl will on a lighter truck.
You could knock the radio out of his hands. Thats free, but dirty.

He might be fast but I bet he can't go every where you go.

maybe a picco .26 and a carbon fibre chassis, nahhhh but it will look good on your truck, brushless is just too fast

get an e maxx with a twin brushless setup! prolly cost ya a fortune though

Hahaha!! love brushless.... i feel like we be converting another member over to it soon...........

That cheapy ez run system I put in my rusty sold me. It's only 3000kv and it still cooks pretty good. Run times are the things that dreams where made of 10-15 years ago. Can't wait to step up to a higher quality, more powerful system once I have a rig that's worthy of a $250 system. I'd love to find a 4x4 the size of a Rusty that's just as tough.

Haha, it's going to be hard beating him with a Nitro T-Maxx...You can try lightening it up a bit, maybe a new motor, some better on road tires for traction (Assuming this on pavement) or you can you out and get a Jato Roller and drop the 3.3 in that. Even without lipos, the torque and takeoff on those electrics is insane. I've seen Brushless Rustys smack Jatos with lipos. It takes off and already has a 10 foot lead off the start and that's the end for the Jato.

:not what i wanted to hear but its what I knew... this was a drag race on the street. his gets stuck in tall grass! And mine sounds so much better... illl just get him drunk and knock the radio outta his hand... and save for a brushless revo:D:D:D

u mean save for the e-revo bl, and even longer for the dual 3s lipos to run it. lol

id have to sell my street rod for that... I'm not ready for a 70mph rc! I'm happy with what I got just didnt like that little thing whippin me.... and he can only take me on-road

Ummmm...yeah..but nothin beats the smell of burnin nitro in the mornin....and of course the sound of that motor when it shifts... :)

Ummmm...yeah..but nothin beats the smell of burnin nitro in the mornin:)

Except some good fried potatoes with a side of bacon and eggs, LOL!!!!!:hehe:
My brushless E Maxx will smoke my friends T Maxx's every time, the power is instant an electrics, no waiting for the motor to rev up to reach peak power.:D

Well all i have to say is I had an E-MAXX for about two weeks and wound up giving it to my girlfriend's son on his fifteenth birthday be cause I was tired of waiting for the batteries to charge while my buddy's were ripping it up with their T-MAXXs. He played with it for about two weeks and now wants a nitro. I was going to upgrade it to brushless but by the time I bought the system and the batteries I could have bought about 20 gallons of fuel for what it cost. NITRO all:first_place: the way!!!:first_place:

thanks for da nitro support! fuel all the way!!!!!!!!

Nah, no thanks I know that brushless is much faster than nitro. I just prefer nitro because it's a lot more hands on than electric. There's pros and cons to both. For me I like nitro because you are a little more involved in how your truck can perform. Plus I'm a gear head and anything with an internal combustion engine always gets my vote.:D

Get a better transmission and a bit bigger motor if it's affordable enough.

Back