just got an Inferno ST rtr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nath

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all, i've just got my hands on a kyosho inferno stadium truck. I searched and posted looking for info on this truggy but did'nt find much, so thought i'd let you all know how it works out(good or bad). I went to my LHS intending to look at buggies, but was steered towards the ST instead, since i bash around mostly.
Side by side with the bodies off it's all obviously inferno running gear, but with longer arms and shocks and the chassis is an inch or so longer somewhere between the shock towers. Ground clearance is not too much more than the buggy so hopefully it'll retain most of the buggies good handling. the It comes with torque braces front and rear as standard. The feature that really made me choose it over the buggy was the gxr28 engine - so much more grunt than the buggy with the 21.
I've spent tonight giving it the strip down and locktite treatment and changing over to better clutch shoes and bearings to help the reliability, so tomorrow before work it gets its maiden tank of fuel. I'll post my experiences after the first few weeks to let everyone know what broke/wore out, and how it drives and handles...

Well it's nearly a week since i purchased the ST and it's already had nearly three litres of fuel through it, so i think it's fairly broken in. The initial break in settings in the manual seemed ok for the first four tanks or so but then i had to start gradually leaning it out to prevent it stalling. I"ve had some problems with leakage at the joint between the exhaust port on the block and the header pipe. First time i just resealed it with sealant, which lasted 4 or 5 tanks but reoccured, so i removed it for a better inspection and found the flange on the header was nowhere near flat. I filed it flat and refitted which seemed to solve the problem. Just a rough casting i guess.
(the exhaust leak seemed to cause cutting out at about half a tank also)

The only breakage so far is one of the front camber adjusting rods, which bent in a fairly large collision with a wooden track barrier. Time to invest in some hardened rods i guess. As the motor is leaned off it's really starting to have some pull, so much so that a larger pinion mite be on the cards this week to make it easier to drive. I'm pretty happy with the way it's holding up so far and the performance is great.
I'll post again on it when something else breaks....

I'm new to this truck so forgive me. Is this a 4wd truggy? If so what engine is it using because it sounds like your using a small block header that is bolted on? What size engine are you running?

It's an RTR stadium truck based very heavily on the 7.5 inferno buggy. So yeah it's 4wd, three diffs ect... Longer wheel base, wider track. longer arms and drivshafts, longer shocks. (No spacers required on the axles) I've read that it may not be available in north america but could be wrong. It has a kyosho gxr .28 motor (4.6cc).

I've tried to post some photos here but my camera can't make small enough files for this forum. Photos can be seen on www.kyosho.com in the monster truck section. KYOSHO 7.5 ST Readyset i think it's called.

On the kyosho site click on "ENGLISH" rather than on the north american site, so you get redirected to the international site. I'm not sure if it's on the north am site but it's my connection is so slow that i won't sit around and wait for it to load.

Hi there,

I've got the "US-Sports" edition that features a better computer radio and some chassis upgrades. Otherwise, I think both models are fairly the same.

If you're interested, I did a review on the Inferno ST

P1.jpg

- General Overview & Chassis

- RTR Accessoires

- Driving the US Sports & Conclusion

Do you drive it just for fun or use it in competitive racing?
What did you have to do (if any) to make it perform like you expected?

Confused? Why was this moved to here, it's not a stadium truck in the 1/10th 2wd. It's a truggy.

Thread moved to the Truggy forum.

Back