Its time for lights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea seen that a few weeks ago.. awsome light show...... took alot of time an thought.

Now THAT is one of the coolest things I've seen! Is that a Photoshop deal or could someone have possibly rigged that up? Man, I wish I had the talent to make that happen on my house! I'd be the shizzle in my 'hood!

some one posted that on here a couple of weeks ago. but its still cool

From what I found on all the other forums this guy really did this, but got repremanded (!) by the township people for causing a scene. It was on Yahoo! news as well.

Alright, just got an e-mail with this saying that this guys house is like four streets away from mine! I think I'm going to cruise and see if this thing is the real deal. The address is 8047 Winding Creek, Mason, OH 45040. I think I'll Google map this sucker!

tell him to put on some heavy metal and get a vid lol

This dude must have some serious stage lighting equipment.
I was trying to count and he must have a 36 channel lighting setup or greater. Each 4 channels uses a control box that runs around 200-300 each then a console that is ether computer driven from a PC or a full blown programmable slider unit.

BUCKS!!!

yea i was thinking the same eddy.. at least 36 or so channels..

not only does he have BUX, but he must be a bord fella to.. lol

my wife thinks it was done with still motion ...take a picture, move the lights take another pic ..etc...i hope it turns out to be real, een if it isnt its still very impressive

Well, I'm going to cruise by on my way home from work, just to see if the address I was given is accurate and if the house at least looks similar. I do have my trick camera phone with me, so I'll snap a few pic's as well.

You know, instead of all that gear, he may just have a bunch of midgets flipping light switches. Kind of like Willy Wonka, you know?

Well, it's true about this guy! The difference is, that video is off last years display. He's got the lights up for this years, but not sequenced. Check this link out:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

He even tells you how he did it. Eddy and Beason, he's using an 88 channels to sequence it.

Guys, my wife and I just drove by and saw this years display. UNBELIEVABLE! There's two songs this year. The first is "Proud to Be An American" and the second is the same one from last year. I'm in the process of transferring the video from my camera phone to my PC, but since I don't have my stinkin' synch cables at the house, I'm trying to e-mail it, but it's a 3MB file. The video isn't that good and you can't hear the tunes, so we're going to visit again with the kids and take our video camera, so hopefully I'll have some better quality footage.

I gotta tell you, seeing it firsthand, the prior video really doesn't do it justice! There are many more colors.

Oh, and you should've seen the line of cars lined up, and the real b*$*h of it is, he lives in a cul-de-sac!

Anyhow, as soon as I figure out how to transfer the video to my PC, it'll be here!

I'm having a bear of a time getting the video posted. I used my camera phone and it formats it in MP.4. Media Player won't open it, and after several updates, still nothing. Anyone know of a player that will handle this format?

OMFG ... local news in michigan played a video they took of this house..
its unbeleveable!! the internet video doesn't do it justice

he said it costs $150 a month to power it

could you imagine living across the street from that. You would be motion sick by morning. It is ausome though.

Well, looks like we're going to head over there again either this evening or tomorrow evening. I'm going to plug my Walkman into the inout jacks on my camcorder so I can get a clean copy of the music, rather than trying to mic it through the camcorder. I think it'll work!

RP, thanks for the WinAmp tip! It SAYS it will play it, but when I click on the video file I shot with the camera phone, it just stares at me.

I'll get this year's show posted when I get it done.