Its time for lights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer news fellas! Johnny Law shut him down last night! My wife and I loaded our kids up to take a cruise over there, and as we got there he had a sign in his yard saying that, due to a mandate by the Deerfield Township sherrif's office, he could no longer fire up the display. Seems the traffic it was causing due to all the publicity had caused several accidents. They even had this fact on our local news last night! And I had my video camera with the Walkman all ready to go!

I just saw on Fox news, these types of displays are indeed real. There's one in Rock hill, Missouri.

WOW! That is neat. I wonder what his neighbors think about the light show. I don't think the lights would but me. However all of the extra traffic would! hehe

The neighbors are stupid;

1.) Build a gate
2.) Charge Admission
3.) Make a killing

America is based on this kinda thing...

That is an awesome display of patience and ingenuity on his part. It's just a shame that it had ot be shut down. I hope that there would be some sort of compromise made so that the display can be run. Like have it run at specific times so traffic enforcement can be made.

Well, the major problem is this guy lives on a cul-de-sac in one of those newer neighborhoods where the houses are about 5' apart and the street is barely a car-and-a-half in width. I figured it'd be just a matter of time, but I had hoped it wouldn't have been this soon! Hopefully they work something out.

I'm with Heartbreak, charge like $3.00 a car and donate the money to a kids charity or something. My wife and I are thinking of doing something like this next year, just have to figure out if I have the patience to set it up and the funds to get the equipment.

Shouldn't be too hard, PC wise... heck, yardsale for less than $50'll getcha a 500mhz - that ought to be more than enough. The lights are what's gonna bite ya in the boo-boo.

This was just on CBS evening news tonight too. Sad to see it happen. Amazing how government can take your festivities away...Why not make 'em park in a lot somewhere down the road and walk in, theres probably ways to rectify things and still let people enjoy it.

Back