Install my Fast Eddy bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I am going to have to try that lol, looks really good, will be really good and reinforced. I like the usability of the e clips, but they pop off so often, remember that issue with my t-maxx and rustler. Pin never backed out, just clips went away.

Lol...yea they don't move too well once they get bent!

I got to take that plate back off an start trimming it ,it has been cold ,an I haven't had the will power to get out
an do it!
However ,the plate is a little off at the bottom as it walked on me has I was drilling ,it should still be ok ,
if not ,then I will use it as a pattern an make another-n ,as I got plenty material!...:cool:

Think I am going to have to try that lol, looks really good, will be really good and reinforced. I like the usability of the e clips, but they pop off so often, remember that issue with my t-maxx and rustler. Pin never backed out, just clips went away.

Its been cold ,so I am slow of getting it done ,I just trial fitted the screw in pins ,I must have got the drill bit
size just right ,the pins screwed right in!.....:cool:
I think ,that its a winner ,I hope ,at least it should help on some abuse!....:hehe:
Now I got to trim the ecess material off ,but right now ,my neighbor is having BBQ an family ,so I want
to respect them!

Heres the pic so far!

looks good! do you happen to know what drill size you used? did you use upper control arm pins for the lowers? or was there enough length with the original ones?

looks good! do you happen to know what drill size you used? did you use upper control arm pins for the lowers? or was there enough length with the original ones?

The bit was the same size as the pin ,Which is 11/64 ,2 hairs bigger than an 1/8!....:hehe:
I thought it was an 1/8 at first ,but went out to make sure ,luckily the 64 was still visible on the bit!

The aluminum is 1/8 thick ,an the bit was just slightly thicker ,but the bit is the same diameter of the pin!
The used the top pin ,but the bottom will work it seems to catch the last ear in half way ,I don't think that
it will effect it though!...:cool:

awesome! i think i have some random plates of aluminum around...

Oops! to late :hungover:!!! nah have some random aluminum stock 1"x4"x1/16th ish from somewhere.

Well ,today is a rainy day ,so I don't have the G-kids ,so I think that I will be finishing up that plate today ,here
as soon as I jack down a couple cups of joe!....

Well ,got this far ,will do the final grind here in a bit ,after metal cools ,an a little filing ,an rub down ,
it should be good to go!

Now my eyes hurt. LOL!

Looks good! I think!

What pins did you end up using that were longer? The top pins on the bottom? Any concern with the top pins ripping out of the bulkhead?

Now my eyes hurt. LOL!

Looks good! I think!

What pins did you end up using that were longer? The top pins on the bottom? Any concern with the top pins ripping out of the bulkhead?

I went ahead an used the lower original screw in pin ,the threads on the pin screwed right into the plate ,
the pin does go half way into the last ear ,which is about the width of the plate ,but I am not concerned
about that as the stress is not on that part!

The top pins are the same thickness ,but longer ,they would have stuck out of the last ear about an 1/8 ,
but I could have trimmed those down.
I have a bunch of hinge pins laying ,because of the Lunsford e-clip style that I installed ,that is what I
am using for the top!

Ok ,upon getting ready to put the diff back in the truck ,I discovered that the output cups are way too sloppy ,I
guess now is the time to tear into the diff an clean ,grease ,an put that new Fast Eddy bearing in!.......DOH....UGH..

Well ,I better get busy!.....

looks awesome! definitely going to have to do this!!

Ok ,upon getting ready to put the diff back in the truck ,I discovered that the output cups are way too sloppy ,I
guess now is the time to tear into the diff an clean ,grease ,an put that new Fast Eddy bearing in!.......DOH....UGH..

Well ,I better get busy!.....
Better noticing now then after getting the truck all bolted together.

It will be better than new by the time your done!

Better noticing now then after getting the truck all bolted together.

It will be better than new by the time your done!

Yea ,I took it apart ,an the bearings were fixing to grenade ,the inner bearing bushing was real wobbly inside
the outer reese!
I didn't plan on this ,as I thought they were ok ,but it has been a long time ago since I had them apart for
fresh grease!

Tearing into an old truck is like visiting an old friend. Good memories seem brighter, bad memories forgotten.

Or something you dread getting into ,greasy nasty mess ,an it was giving me hell!

Well ,I finally got it in ,just got to bolt it down ,but I still have to replace the one top hinge mount ,it
is bent an pinching the arm!

Here is some pics of what it looks like ,in truck!

Got the hinge pin out of the top ,thank God for vice grips ,thing was a jolly getting out!

Here is the mount & pin!

Did get the new mount on ,but it has a hair bend ,but not bad!

Tomorrow ,I will try to bend the pin back ,its only aluminum!....:hehe:
An try to get some axles & hubs on.

I can't imagine that plate not helping out with durability. I would use the upper screws though and nip the ends so they don't stick out back. Also probably be a good idea to put some threadlock on where it cuts into the brace to help keep it from walking out on you.

You going to make one for the rear too? If you didn't, might be a good idea to take it off and trace it out before you get it all buttoned up.

Back