Identify buggy wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJRC

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just curious what wheels are on this buggy since it has such a deep dish style unless they were flipped on backwards but then that would mean they would spin freely where the hex would not lock in place?

1503000_1179.jpg

yeah those are it, i have a set, and thats what they look like backwards.

oh.....so they are on backwards inside out? It had to have just been for all show and no go since they would not grab the drive axles and just spin freely. I was looking around to see if anyone made a actual set that had a deep dish.

you can see there on backwards, theres moulding slots on the outside of the wheels and if you look closely you can see smooth outta on the inside of the far rims, pretty cool photo but :)

I don't know why one would do this, or how well it would work, but your wheel nut would be in the hex of the rim, and if you had it tight enough I supose it would work. It might just fly right off though. Maybe the guy thout it just looked cool for the pic. Maybe he didn't know any better at the time. Maybe he thought it would give him better stability, since it would widen the wheel base a bit. Where did you find the pic? in the RCNT gallery? Pm the guy, and ask him. One last thing. Notice the tires. They are paddles, and the drive edge is facing as it would be in reverse to get the traction.

Hypedonrc said:
. One last thing. Notice the tires. They are paddles, and the drive edge is facing as it would be in reverse to get the traction.
nah think they are set up for traction and i think your right about why they have done it, wider wheel base etc

Maybe he just glued the tires on backwards and just put the wheels like that so he could use the tires.

hehe one would think not or at least hope not, dont actually think it posible depending on the side of the car the tyres are on depends on which way round they face and these all face the same way, so if you put them on properly you could still get them to face the right way round

Your right Mike. My mistake, they are on for traction.

Yeah, but unless he modified those wheels, they are going to loosen up and fall off after he accelerates a few times.

Althoug the car looks cool, I get the impression that its a shelf queen, although I'd love to see it run in the sand.

lol now that amusing :) some mother do have em

Yes, I know this topic is really old, but It's about me so I'm replying damn you. So bring back the dead! Everyone should own some paddle tires! With paddle tires you always have a left side tires and right side. So putting them backwards, you just had to flip sides and they still are on right. Also, "show car"? My ass, check out my gallery. You can those rims backwards too if you purchased the reverse thread axels from crazy nut. Everytime you accelerate though you'd tighten the axel bolt onto the wheel. You might have some problems getting it off but it'd be fun.

If the hex is not grabbing anything how does it move? Do you just tighten the nut all the way down? I am not seeing how it works at all.

the outer nut fits in the hex???
that must be what the reverse axles he was talking about does......

The accelleration tightens the wheel nuts. It works if you have purchased reverse threads for the right side from Crazy Nut Racing

Back