I just put my big block in my rs4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually my girl just got one of those nice cell phones with digi cams built it. Ill try to get some pics up. Hopefully tonight. I just didnt want to give too much value to this guys post. Where ever you go, there will be a hater right there with you. WHen you give them attention, its like giving a wild bear a sandwhich. They just keep coming back for more and more. But for the sake of this board, Ill get the pix up.

If I wanted to, I could tear his reply up and seem like a flamed member. I happen to like this forum. A lot more than any other forum I have been apart of. I like the fact that I can ask a question and get feedback with no type of hostility. I dont want to give him attention to keep this forum that way. Just imagine being completely new to this forum and that being the first thread you've read. What would you think?

So I'll just leave it at that and see what I can do about the pix for you guys.

--NooP

I got the pix. How do I get them on here?

--NooP

Originally posted by NooP
I got the pix. How do I get them on here?

--NooP

send them to me and I'll host them for you and apply them to the thread. [email protected]

Here they are everyone just as Noop said. I showed faith and he delievered, lol. Damn that guy most feal like a jack ass.

54532813.gif

54532809.gif

54532807.gif

54532802.gif

54532797.gif

I must admit that when NOOP first started this thread I was a little bit of a non believer but also gave him the benefit of the doubt. I remember the days of not having a digicam and wanting to share my projects too. Good job bro bet that thing frickin moves.

It really moves in a strait line. The biggest difference is that it hits top speed about 10 times faster than a small block. I'm sure if I get some high gear reatios even this .21 bb will be able to spin them. I just wonder how it would do with a better big block. Maybe something like what ep has. :hehe:

It handles like a cadillac with flat tires though. The nitro rs4 mini handles horribly to begin with. The big reason is that that car is too narrow and flips on turns at any decent speed. So I put the regular 1/10 scale susp arms on it, and it handle a lot better. Now with the big block in it, its even worse. I plan on putting super nitro rs4 suspen arms on it and see how it does. It might be over kill. Since I put the big block in, I have been tweaking with the suspension. I never knew before how a little adj. could result in night and day difference.

But yeah, its nice. Ill never really get it to handle good, but its just a basher anyway. One of these days Ill get a cop to clock it for me and Ill make sure I have my digi cam with me.

--NooP

Haha...that's awesome. The engine looks so huge on that thing. Good job!

I think someone owes NooP an apolige, like ahhhh Krusty. Looks like he has got some skills to me. Nice work Noop.

Maybe something like what ep has. :hehe:
Keep your sites set on the the stars. In case you fall it will only be to the moon. I had an RS 4 with a .12 in it and that thing hauled. I can't even begin to imagine it with a .21. A .27 will be beyond belief. I imagine with a smaller cb you ought to be able to get that to hit 70 without any problem.

You might want to add some wings and a lengthened chassis to hep keep her on the ground.

Originally posted by El Pirata
You might want to add some wings and a lengthened chassis to hep keep her on the ground.
Or ya can just get some kite string and a brick, lol.

Great job Noop. I am thinking about puting a xtm 24.7 into my smartech onroad. I found one on eaby for $64 so far. But it is just a thought @ this point.

Originally posted by Krusty
Noop,
From all the basic questions you ask on this forum, it seems like you have been into nitro less than a month. I don't believe you have the ability or skill to install a .21 into your RS-4. In addition you actually said, "Very simple procedure." I feel it could be done, but not by you, at least not at this point in your "nitro R/C experience". I do feel it is "BS" without photos of the installation procedure. Even so, I still believe you don't have (as yet) the knowledge or experience to do that engine installation. If I do see photos, it probably is someone else's ability that actually did it and you are taking credit for it.

looks like you need to stop assuming stuff about people, seems noops does know how and did it.

Originally posted by CJ-FOREVER
Great job Noop. I am thinking about puting a xtm 24.7 into my smartech onroad. I found one on eaby for $64 so far. But it is just a thought @ this point.

the xtm is a great motor ... but if you are looking for some wikid sick speed i would try to find a big block with more rpm ... since there really isn't much need for the h.p. with these cars .. you want a engine with alot of rpm with a torq. curve that peaks later in the rpm range ... so you can continue to build speed and get the most out of your engine ...

just my $.02

Originally posted by WsW-WYATT-EARP

the xtm is a great motor ... but if you are looking for some wikid sick speed i would try to find a big block with more rpm ... since there really isn't much need for the h.p. with these cars .. you want a engine with alot of rpm with a torq. curve that peaks later in the rpm range ... so you can continue to build speed and get the most out of your engine ...

just my $.02

I totally agree about mid-top range power and I think most people would for this purpose.

Nice work Noop, that's just SWEET dude. You sure shut the troll up bro..lol. I wanna c vids of that beast in action.

Noop, bring you and that damn ride tot he AL bash man...I wanna get some video of that poop.

What engine would you guys recommend for this setup? I was planning on gettine a wasp .26.

Thanks for all the nice feed back guys. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Noop, bring you and that damn ride tot he AL bash man...I wanna get some video of that poop.

You will notice that I have a .21 bb engine in there. Now if I had the money for a plane ticket to AL, I think I would have myself a nice shiny engine first. But really, thanx for the invite. I think we need a west coast bash put together.

--NooP

Nice work.. and BTW there are now a few on this board down for a West Coast bash :D

What engine would you guys recommend for this setup? I was planning on gettine a wasp .26.

Thanks for all the nice feed back guys. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You will notice that I have a .21 bb engine in there. Now if I had the money for a plane ticket to AL, I think I would have myself a nice shiny engine first. But really, thanx for the invite. I think we need a west coast bash put together.

--NooP

I know StretchM and allot of others are here are on the west coast. We really need a west coast bash. I'm not to far from Cali here in NM and I wouldn't mind the drive. I might even be able to get my compnay to partially sponsor a bash/race.

As for Engines, I've got allot of Experience with the Picco/Wasp .26 now and I really wouldn't reco it for that car unless your going to be racing on tight tracks with lots of turns. It's an insanely powerfull mid/low end engine. WHen they're mod'd properly they have truly INSANE Power.

I would look @ engines that are built for pure Top end RPM. If you have the money, the Sirio .27 could probably make that thing literally fly. If your on a budget, a properly mod'd Hyper .21 8-port would be an excellent canidate for genreal power band IME.

Either way, I wanna c vids of that beast in action and congrats again on a mean touring machine Noop.

Someone please PM Krusty with this link....I really wanna see Noop's "I told ya so...........fucka"

Back