HYPER ST PRO New Kit...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roger that. I'm getting it the mail sometime next week so will definitely post something up.

Cool....ahhh the anticipation.....the best part....

You will LOVE the kit.....slides together like butter.....got your oils yet??

I went 7k 10k 5k?? Seems like a good place to start.

What engine you have in mind?? This rig rips with a .28 or a .21....I also ran a .32 for a bit....it takes em all.

The stock tire are not bad really.....but I put some GRPs on there and holly $#!& it just about flipped over ...very grippy tires.

any way best of luck you are in for some real fun...my favorite part..."the build up."

I know I can't wait.

Building the kit is half the reason why I enjoy this hobby so much!

I have a 1/10 but everytime I go up to the track I drool over all of the 1/8 scale truggys, so it is time.

Still looking into Diff fluid, what brand are you using?

I'm still looking at a couple of engines. I would love to go roto start, but I can only find that HPI is the only one (at least on towerhobbies) that supports the roto start system. I love the O.S that I have in my 1/10 scale right now. So I am looking at the .21 OS VPEC and HPI K4.6

I know that the Hellfire gets talked about poorly around here, but does HPI make good engines?

No experience with the HPI engines.....but I love the OS stuff....I have owned several of them ...all performers.

The Mugen diff oils are the best......but I also use the Koyosho oils.

You can't go wrong with the OS.....thye have a new rot start system I believe......and almost any pullstart can be converted.

Yea I found some roto start systems for the O.S engines. But they don't have one for the 21VZ only for the 21VG. Will I notice a significant power difference between these two?

http://osengines.com/engines/osmg2058.html
http://osengines.com/engines/osmg2068.html

I dont want to lose to much power just because I want a roto start.

Probably not noticeable......spend some cash and get a JP-3 or 4 for that ......tuned right it should scream!!

These truggys are light and a .21 with any punch at all can get them moving.

Are going to race? If so you should go Vspec and a bump box......it is just a more consistent way to start em.:yes:

Probably not noticeable......spend some cash and get a JP-3 or 4 for that ......tuned right it should scream!!

These truggys are light and a .21 with any punch at all can get them moving.

Are going to race? If so you should go Vspec and a bump box......it is just a more consistent way to start em.:yes:

Yep probably going with the VSPEC. Don't know alot of about the plugs, but what is the difference between a turbo plug and a "normal" plug?

kit comes in the mail tomorrow. Hey talon, what did you use to cut holes in the body? My first body I just cut up with regular scissors and that looks horrible, wondering if there is a better way to do it.

Yes sir......run over to your local hobbie shop and get Lexan scissors....they come in straight and curved. You will need both.

The Hyper ST PRO body comes pre trimmed.........so no worries there. You will also want a hole cutter for making vent holes and body mount holes.

TalonOne

Is a hole cutter the thing with the cone end on it and you just twist into the lexan to make a hole? Or would a standard drill work?

just got in the mail today! I'm putting the difs together right now. For the spider diff, I took it apart ot put 10k in and there is grease in there, what is the best way to clean it off?

Yep probably going with the VSPEC. Don't know alot of about the plugs, but what is the difference between a turbo plug and a "normal" plug?

A turbo plug has no copper washer and is tapered where it meets the cooling head so it sits flush with the head.

The Non-Turbo plug for surface rides are just the opposite. They have the copper washer and are not tapered where it sits on the head at the bottom.

just got in the mail today! I'm putting the difs together right now. For the spider diff, I took it apart t put 10k in and there is grease in there, what is the best way to clean it off?

I just wiped mine out with a rag.....gave a quick denatured alcohol treatment.....and then filled it with the diff oil.

and yes the hole cutter is cone shaped thing....I have found that a regular drill melts the lexan in funny ways.....the hole cutter is much more precise and leaves a clean hole.

Col...post up some pics a you go.

TalonOne

Here is what I got done last night, didn't have a lot of time. Ill post up some more tonight.

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

Cool.......I always love the begining......

I did some more work, but its late and I'm too lazy to take and upload pics right now so I will do a big update tomorrow.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm almost done (I still need and engine and servos, will be ordering those shortly) Here are some pics. The only design flaw that I saw in this kit was the way the battery is exposed. I just dont feel comfortable with this sitting here, so I researched it and found that some guys are putting the Hyper 8 and 8.5 battery box in these things. With a little modding it looks like it goes there. I'm taking out the dremel tomorrow to cut the servo tray so the battery box will fit better. I bought the Hyper 8.5 battery box and servo tray for $10 off ebay. Other than that I am really excited to get this up and running.

I cannot connect the rear upper arms to the ball to save my life! Is there a special technique to connect these or just strong muscles?

IMG_9547.JPG

IMG_9548.JPG

IMG_9549.JPG

IMG_9550.JPG

Looking good man!!!

I used pliers to "snap" the arms on and I did the Hyper 8 batt box as well...what an improvement.

Go with the highest torque steering servo you can afford I have a 146 oz and I am looking to get a 300 oz here soon.

I finished her up last night, about to order up some servos and an engine.

IMG_9557.JPG

IMG_9556.JPG

IMG_9551.JPG

wow that looks like a fun project for a nice long winter. what does the kit cost

Back