HPI-Killers Axial Exo Build & Showcase

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks dale, can't wait to get her in the sun to really show the forum its true colors!

I'm going to try to build now, my manager at my new job is so damn rude to me it breaks me down and makes me not wanna do anything but come home and sleep! GRRR!

Getting ready to bolt her together and getting impatient lol.
P1080398.jpg

Nice bomb proof motor mount :D
P1080399.jpg

And the Axial NVS setup. (Night Vision)
P1080400.jpg

Well, I took it out, and bent a hinge pin and popped the hinge pin bracket loose within 3 minutes... Got discouraged and hung the rig up, in the process I lost the front driverside dog cone shaft.... So yeah I may get some action pics and video of this......

Okay, I am curious before I fully get the rig bolted back up again, how can I lock my diffs without using epoxy and will not slip under tension from the trail? Yeah, I said trail, this is going to be a trail rig too :D

And yeah, its still broken until I get my first paycheck from my new jobby :D

i have been advised to pack the diff/s with play-doe or blue-tack etc, will jam the gears but is easily removed if you want to revert.

nice looking rig by the way, shame to see there made of almost entirely plastic :/

Last edited:
Does anyone know what I can do to make my front end stronger? Will RPM A-Arms and CNC milled alloy toe blocks help much? I have not touched this rig in MONTHS, been thinking about trading it but not sure.

Okay, so I am getting prepped to lock my diffs up. My question is do I need to lock my center diff up? And would I lock it up like the front and rear?

Dont question my decision to lock my diffs just chime in and help. My rig will be up and GoPro'd on youtube within the week.

Thanks guys!

I dont think you need to lock the center, locking front and rear is going to give you full time 4 wheel drive, locking the center will just ensure that theres no slipping ever, which might cause some failures. Id start with just the axles if it were me....I think lol.

I only locked my center diff. Because I wanted to run 2wd. If seen that you can use just the black jb weld without the hardner in the front and rear diffs to make 'limited slip'. But you will for sure notice a difference!

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

2wd no good here for it being a trail buggy. 100% locked JB style F&R. So if I lock the F&R do I need to lock the center? I need this to be locked up like a crawler but make sure I dont mess up because me and $ arent friends right now lol.

I think you should be fine leaving the center unlocked. But if you don't like having it unlocked then you can always lock it later. *if you do make sure to not over fill it with the jb weld, it likes to spray it all over the inside...

I stopped by to check the progress on the showcase. Well?

Lol I'm workin on it Ralph, within 5-7 business days :D

------

I should probably clean the inside of the diff and the oils before glueing yeah? Lol totally tarded question I know...

After waiting for CKRCCrawlers and their delays they shipped my box just to find out they forgot 2 items of my order which are crucial to the rig and putting it back together... Damnit CKRCC....:angry:

Last edited:
Yes. A nice aerosol degreaser works well.

Alright got my diffs locked up and drying, RPM arms 4x on, cnc milled Axial toe blocks 4x F&R and am just deciding whether to sell something for a esc/motor combo or take the Velenion out of the Wraith and put back into this....?

For short term the vxl should work great for ya

Yeah I think your on to something! I need to run this bad boy and put her on youtube! Thanks Not Guilty